1. No I have never completed a formal time management training course in the past. 2. Yes I do have a plan for scheduling the 10-15 hours per week I will need to engage in learning activities. 3. I think that I am somewhat effective at managing my time. 4. Thinking about the last 30 days, most days I experienced anxiety or stress due to not having enough time to get everything done.
I watched the welcome video.
1. This workshop will teach you 5 skills: Choosing, Arranging, Flexicuting, Tracking and Focus. Which skill are you most interested in learning and why? I am most interested in learning the skill of flexicuting. Being able to use the skill of flexicuting will help me with the multiple roles of mother, teacher, wife, friend, etc. on an everyday basis. I often need a plan b and to be ready for the unexpected because I never know what I will deal with on a day to day basis.
2. What time management tools do you currently use?
I do not currently use a time management tool. I honestly just complete task until my time runs out.
3. Yes I consider myself a multi-tasker.
4. No. I do not start each day with an action list or a to-do list.
Track your Timepg. 4
I tracked my investment of time for two days on the time tracking worksheets provided. It was very interesting.
The Skill of Choosingpg. 5
I watched the skill of choosing video.
1. Take three minutes and write down as many RED activities (true urgencies) that you can imagine. Student having a seizure, fire in the building, students fighting, turning in a report, sick child or family member, death of a family member, house fire, someone having a car wreck 2. Take three minutes and write down as many GREEN activities (go here) that you can imagine. Writing weekly lesson plans, having a potluck lunch at work. Departmental meetings, girls night out with co-workers, professional development, date night with family, watching a movie with family, going bowling family time. 3. Take three minutes and write down as many YELLOW activities (caution – reschedule) that you can imagine. Co-worker asking me to fix or repair clothing, shopping for a future gift, planning my summer vacation, paying bills, skimming emails 4. Write down at least 3 GRAY activities (time wasters) that you can remove from your life and free up more time for your course work. Gossiping with friends and co-workers
Shopping on line
Looking on Facebook and changing status
5. Color activities on the time tracking sheets as red, green, yellow, or gray. Pg. 6 Red-29, green-5, yellow-18, gray-33
6. How do you think coloring your choices will help free up the time you will need for pursing your degree? I believe that my choices will help free up the time I will need to pursue my degree because it helps me realize what and how I am investing my time. I have a lot of gray time wasters and if I do away with these things that will free up more time for course work. It also help me invest in more green activities to help balance my work and personal life.
THE SKILL OF ARRANGING Pg. 7
I watched the skill of arranging video.
1. List 5 activities currently on your to-do-list and color them. a. Filing Taxes--Yellow
b. Paying Bills---Yellow
c. Course Homework---Red
d. Planning Prom---Yellow
e. Grading student papers---Red
2. Commit to planning your day. What is your plan? (include the time management tool you will use, when you will plan your day, etc.) I will commit to planning my day. I will have a daily to-do list that I will write down instead of having it in my head. I will plan my day at night before I go to bed.
3. Plan your day for the next 3 days. You can use the Activity Game available as a PDF download under Downloads tab in your training, or any...