Internal Assessment Resource
Achievement Standard Digital Technologies 91369: Demonstrate understanding of advanced concepts of digital media
Resource reference: Digital Technologies 2.42
Resource title: HGHS Prospectus
|Achievement |Achievement with Merit |Achievement with Excellence | |Demonstrate understanding of advanced |Demonstrate in-depth understanding of |Demonstrate comprehensive understanding | |concepts of digital media. |advanced concepts of digital media. |of advanced concepts of digital media. |
This assessment activity requires you to investigate HGHS Prospectus and create a journal of evidence in which you discuss:
• advanced tools and techniques used to create, edit and integrate digital media outcomes; • standards and conventions used to produce digital media outcomes; • data integrity and testing procedures applied when developing digital media outcomes; • asset management and file management applied in the development of digital media outcomes; • legal, ethical and moral considerations in relation to the requirements of digital media outcomes in the wider community.
You will be assessed on the depth and comprehensiveness of the discussion in your journal.
See the Resource for definitions of key terms.
This is an individual assessment activity. You have 2. weeks of in and out-of-class time to complete it.
As you complete this assessment consider the following:
• how and why the advanced tools and techniques were used to create, edit and integrate the fonts, text, images and graphics • the impact this has on the quality. (e.g. what is the benefit for the reader if a page is laid up in a particular way and how has the chosen tools and techniques affected the quality of that page?) • the positive and negative implications of adhering to digital media standards and conventions in print media. (e.g. when does following print specification help print designers, and when does this limit their designing?) • the importance of asset management and file management in the design and print process i.e. appropriate file type, named correctly, links etc • the importance of data integrity and testing procedures used in the design and printing process (e.g. why is it important to proof read pages before going to print? The colour mode RGB or CMYK etc) • the legal, ethical and moral issues that the designers could have had placed on them by the wider community and need to consider (e.g. Why would the wider community want the HGHS Prospectus to be culturally inclusive?) • the relationship (how they affect each other and are connected) between standards and conventions and legal, ethical and moral considerations in relation to the requirements of a HGHS Prospectus (e.g. in a HGHS Prospectus how are the decisions made about content?)
For definitions of advanced tools and techniques, standards and conventions, asset, and file management, data integrity and testing and legal and ethical responsibilities see the resources.
Create your journal
Write a journal with evidence that demonstrates your understanding of the advanced concepts of digital media with particular reference to HGHS Prospectus.
Write your answers under the following headings.
Use size 12 Arial font with 1.5 line spacing to complete your journal.
1. Explain how and discuss why advanced tools and techniques are used to create, edit, integrate, and enhance the HGHS Prospectus.
2. Explain the designing and printing standards and conventions used when creating the HGHS Prospectus, and discuss the positive and negative implications of conforming to these
3. Explain how asset management and file management are applied in the development of designing and printing the...