These items may or may not have specific bearing on your case. Part 1
* Values that drive the mission
* Business plans and objectives that supports the mission * Company Culture
* Ethics..what is this? Ethics: policy..procedures..what should they be? * Organizational Competitive Strategy
* Consider the strategy also from a strategic choice standpoint see your textbook
* Thoroughly discuss key issues and problems with HR Planning * How do the key issues relate back to HR and the Mission * Develop and recommend a strategic plan that will address the key issues and solve their problems. This plan must support the mission and explain how it does. * Develop an HR plan to support the mission and company business plan. How does it support each? * Develop an HR Effectiveness Index/HR Scoreboard that measures HR performance on key factors that support your mission/key issues (productivity measures, quality measures (give examples), cost per person train, select, develop, etc, measures of training outcome effectiveness, selection standards, overall labor/compensation costs, morale measures (such as job satisfaction and/or turnover), number of grievances/lawsuits, etc. * Develop a method to forecast future manpower needs (under HR Planning in the text). Where is the labor pool coming from? * Other topics to discuss: HRIS, Replacement Charts, Skill Banks, Job Design and Characteristics Model (explain), HR as a profit center, Outsourcing (benefits, training, etc) * What is the current culture? How should it be changed or maintain based on research and theory? * What is the present leadership style? Is it effective? What should it be changed to and why based on theory and research?
* Thoroughly discuss key issues/problems that face the company in regards to staffing. * Discuss how the key issues relate to HR
* Discuss how to set up a recruiting program for each class of jobs: hourly employees, professionals, and managers. Discuss how the proposed program supports the mission and key issues. * Discuss the testing requirements for each type of job, as well as the validity and reliability issues of the testing. Would this include the interview? * Discuss the forms of advertising of jobs that would be used, and if any of them be used in the selection process to reduce recruiting costs. * Discuss how to complete a job analysis for each type of worker (have a separate plan for each). * Discuss the pre-employment checks that should be done (background checks, reference checks), and explain why each should be done. * Recruit externally or internally, or both? For which jobs? Why * Discuss if company should outsource staffing efforts or use temporary help * Discuss the employment laws that the company must comply with and discuss any ramifications; Civil Rights, ADA, Equal Pay, FMLA, Plant Closing, Fair Credit Reporting, Age discrimination, Labor Relations Management, Benefit laws, Affirmative Action, Fair Labor Standards, Workers Compensation, Immigration and Reform, Privacy Issues, etc. * List one or more HRM metrics for Staffing and relate to mission
Training and Development
* Thoroughly discuss key issues/problems in regards to training and development * Develop a training program for hourly, professionals, and managers. Explain how it supports the mission and key issues identified. * Discuss how to conduct a needs analysis and explain in detail * Discuss which types of training should be used for hourly, professionals, and managers. Defend your recommendations based on management theories (social learning theory, reinforcement theory). * Discuss the validity issues that pertain to the training recommended. (Must be content valid to the critical elements of the job). * Discuss how to measure results and effectiveness against the training that was...