Strategic Management

Topics: Retailing, Product, Product management Pages: 15 (3857 words) Published: December 16, 2012
Cromā is an Indian retail chain for consumer electronics and durables. Tata Group company Infiniti Retail runs Cromā stores in India. Presently, there are a total of 42 Cromā and 5 Cromā Zip stores in India. The stores are spread across the states of Maharastra (Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad), Gujarat (Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara), Delhi NCR, Karnataka (Bangalore), Tamil Nadu (Chennai) and Andhra Pradesh (Hyderabad). The Cromā Zip stores is an outlet for portable electronic items and meant for the mobile consumer. The first Zip store was opened on Jun 22, 2007 at the Mumbai domestic airport. Cromā claims to offer 6000 products across 8 categories What is Plan A?

Plan A is our five-year, 100-point plan to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our business and our world. It will see us working with our customers and our suppliers to combat climate change, reduce waste, safeguard natural resources, trade ethically and build a healthier nation.  We’re doing this because it’s what you want us to do. It’s also the right thing to do. We’re calling it Plan A because we believe it’s now the only way to do business. There is no Plan B. Croma Stores with TATA Retail

Croma Stores India Pvt Ltd is a Joint Venture between Marks & Spencer plc and Reliance Retail, part of the Reliance Industries Group. The Joint Venture has been formed with the goal of establishing Marks & Spencer as a major retail brand in India.

Croma has a 51% interest in TATA Retail and Reliance Retail taking the remaining 49%. Croma will have the right to operate Marks & Spencer stores in India, selling items such as women’s, men’s and children’s clothing as well as homewares. The aim is to open at least 50 new stores in India over the next five years, covering a million sq. ft of retail space. This expansion plan is part of Croma’s plans to grow its International business to 15-20% of Group revenues over the next five years. At Croma, we help you make a choice that's just right for you. Our friendly, well-trained and knowledgeable store advisors will give you sound and personalised advice so that you can make informed buying decisions about any technology or consumer electronics product. You can shop for 6000 products across eight categories in a world-class ambience. Croma is promoted by Infiniti Retail Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of Tata Sons. Woolworths, one of the world’s leading retailers, provides technical and strategic sourcing support, ensuring that you buy nothing but the best. Croma's first store opened on October 9, 2006 at Juhu in Mumbai, and it's rolling out many more stores across India. So, no matter where you are, if you want high-quality products, backed by advice you can trust, head for the nearest Croma store. Brand Philosophy

• If service wasn't important.
• If technology wasn't complex.
• If variety wasn't confusing.
• We would have no reason to be in business.
• We help you buy.
 Why Croma?
• Widest range of products
Choose from 6000 products across eight categories
• We help you buy
Sound and knowledgeable advice from well-trained advisors to help you make informed buying decisions. • A name you can trust
Croma is promoted by Infiniti Retail Ltd, an initiative of the Tata group, a brand that stands for trust and reliability globally. • Customer commitment
Croma not only gives you a world-class shopping experience, but also backs it with great after-sales service. • Great deals and offers
Croma periodically offers exciting deals on all your favourite products. • A first of its kind
Consumer electronics and durable retail is a fragmented segment and has been largely catered to by regional players. • Croma is the first of its kind
Large-format, specialist and pan-Indian.
 About Infiniti Retail Limited
Infiniti Retail Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Tata Sons. The company has launched Croma, a national chain of mega...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Strategic management: Case ZARA Essay
  • Management 480 Essay
  • strategic analysis Wal Mart Essay
  • Management Processes: An Example of Successful Change of Wal-Mart. Essay
  • Wall-mart Strategic management Essay
  • Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Essay
  • Strategic Management Ikea Analysis Essay
  • Strategic Management and Ikea Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free