DEFINITION: Make and confirm reservations for passengers and sell tickets for airline. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse.
1. Arranges reservations and routing for passengers at request of Ticket Agent.
2. Assigns specified space to customers and maintains computerized inventory of passenger space available.
3. Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customer.
4. Checks baggage and directs passenger to designated location for loading.
5. Examines passenger ticket or pass to direct passenger to specified area for loading.
6. Answers inquiries made to travel agencies and airlines
7. Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer.
8. Sells and assembles tickets for mailing to customers.
9. Telephones customer or Ticket Agent to advise of changes with travel or to confirm reservation.
10. Assists passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart flights.
11. Announces arrival and departure information using intercom system.
12. Informs travel agents in other locations of space reserved or available.
1. Welcome / Introduction (Lecture)
2. Who Are We Serving, Who Are We (Lecture)
Airport City Codes
Federal Aviation Codes
3. Potential Challenges for Reservation Clerks (Role Playing/Audio Visual) Listening
Dealing with Agitation
Providing Physical Assistance
4. Security (Computer Based/Lecture)
5. Emergency Procedures (Simulated Training/ Role Playing First Aid
6. Management of Specific Issues (On the Job Training/Computer Based Training) Incident Report
Reservation Clerk Position Title
Reservation Clerk Code of Conduct
Reason for Code
Codes A Z
Violation of Codes A-Z
Criminal Background Study
Description of Service, Service...