* Ramya Holdings incorporated in 1987 and commenced operations in 1988 as Ramya Apparels (Pvt.) ltd. The company emerged as a manufacture and exporter of apparels to USA and EU markets.
* To diversify into the Horticulture sector, Ramya Horticulture (Pvt.) Ltd was incorporated in 1998 operating Walpita Nursery and raised its arm to Ambewela and Wellawa Nurseries in 2000 and 2002 respectively.
* As a result of re-structuring of operations, Trendywear (Pvt.) Ltd. was formed in year 2003 and the first factory for outstations opened in the same year at Katupotha, in Kurunegala District. In 2006, another factory was opened in Delgoda, Gampaha district.
* In 2008, Ramya Horticulture (Pvt.) Ltd obtained the Global GAP accreditation.
* In 2009, Ramya Horticulture (Pvt.) Ltd commenced operations with its Tissue Culture Production Facility in Walpita Nursery and received the Global Gap accreditation for the same in the year 2011.
* To cater for the high demand in the apparel industry, Trendywear (Pvt.)Ltd opened a factory in Adhikarigama, Nuwara Eliya District in 2010
* In 2011, the company diversified into the Hospitality sector by opening THE PLAINS, Luxury Boutique Bungalow in Ambewela for Eco and agro tourism.
* In 2012, Trendywear diversified into its newest venture in Wellawa, Kurunegala district, another garment factory in view of uplifting the living standards in rural areas
CHAIRMAN’ PROFILE - Mrs. Ramya Weerakoon
Mrs. Ramya Weerakoon, Chairman of the company is in business since 1973. Her hobby of Batik making proved to be a good source of income at that time and she set up a small workshop at home with 4 employees initially. In 1976, she ventured into the export market. Mrs. Weerakoon is recognized and awarded in many occasions locally and Internationally. Some of her major achievements are as follows. * Awarded for Best Export Performance in Handicrafts from Export Development Board in...