Shorter, lighter, more regular, and less painful periods *
May reduce the severity or frequency of menstrual migraines *
Can improve bleeding and pain associated with endometriosis and fibroids *
May improve acne
Can lower risk of ovarian and uterine cancer
Can lower risk of pelvic inflammatory disease
* May improve bone density in the years just before menopause * Can help you to regulate the menstrual cycle.
* If you have abnormal cycles when you are young.
* Control PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)
* There are some evidence to prove that some birth control can delay the onset of breast cancer. * Can prevent pregnancy up to 98-99%
* -Some types of BC can cause hormonal imbalance.
* -Same can cause you to bleed a lot just after you stop taking it. * -Some women can have long term side effects such as abnormal hormones for rest of their lives (this is less than 1% of the entire world women population) * -Other common health related problems: blood clots, loss of sexual feelings in vaginal area, breast tenderness, ect. * -There are no evidence so far to prove or disprove that BC can cause long term effects to genetic code, but this may be and if it is then it will effect your female offspring (children) * It could cause events such as a stroke, blood clots and heart attacks. This is a risk that we take when we take birth control pills. * It can slightly increase the risk of getting breast cancer. * This one may be rare, but it can cause hepatic cancer and noncancerous tumors to form. * Birth control pills could increase the serum lipids (elevate your cholesterol). * If you smoke cigarettes and are over the age of thirty five, then the chances of a thromboembolic event will increase. * Taking the birth control pill could cause liver, kidney or adrenal...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document