John Ivan Dela cruz Beed-2
* Solve word problems involving subtraction
of whole numbers including money
with minuends up to 900 without regrouping.
II. Subject Matter :
Solving word problems involving subtraction
of whole numbers including money with minuends
up to 900 without regrouping.
References: BEC 3.1 p. 11
TM – Mathematics 2000
pp. 220-222; TX
Mathematics 2000 pp.29-300
Materials: flashcards , textbook
1. Drill : addition without regrouping.
2. Review: subtracting with regrouping.
3. Checking of assignment.
B. Lesson proper:
1. Present on a chart on this word problem.
A park needs to be planted with 124 trees. The boys scouts planted trees. How many more trees need to be planted? 2. Lead the children in solving the problem cooperatively by answering the following steps. Tell what is asked; what are given; what is the word clue; and what is the operation to be used? Show the solution and the complete answer. 3. Repeat this activity by providing similar problems to the children to work on by group. 4. Tell them to work cooperatively with their members. Ask them to show the solutions and the complete answers.
Read and solve the following problems.
1. Thirteen eggs were laid by the hen.
The children cooked 3 of the eggs.
How many were left?
2. There are 97 guavas in the basket. Of
these guavas, 14 are yellow. How
many are green?
3. Nora had a 78.00 bill. She paid
P12.00 for her PTA contribution. How
much change did he receive?
Solve the following problems
1. Rey had P75.00. he paid P24.00 for his snacks. How much was his change? 2. Raul picked 347 guavas. He gave his sister 135 guavas. How many wre left?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document