Outline over Farenheit 451
A) Guy Montag
1. A third-generation fireman.
2. Tries to find the meaning of books instead of burning them.
B) Mildred Montag
1. Montag's brittle, sickly looking wife.
2. Obsessed with television and hates getting in frank conversation with her husband over her feelings or marriage.
C) Captain Betty
1. Captain of Montag's fire department.
2. He hates books and anyone who reads them.
D) Professor Faber
1. Retired English Professor.
2. A man who has many books and craves for more.
E) Clarisse McClellan
1. A beautiful seventeen-year-old who introduces montag to the beauty and meaning of the world.
2. She is an outcast of her society for her odd habits.
1. Leader of the "Book People".
2. He is committed to saving all the literature through this current middle age.
G) Mrs. Phelps
1. One of Mildred's vapid friends.
2. A woman broken form all feeling until montag read her a poem that awoke her feelings.
H) Mrs. Bowles
1. Another friend of Mildred.
2. Just like Mrs. Phelps, she is also broken from her feeling.
3. Having lost one of her husbands in an accident and losing the other in suicide, also two of her children hate her.
I) Stoneman and Black
1. Two fireman who work with Montag.
2. They share the common look of all firemen, doing their jobs without question.
1. Sometime in the 21 century; there has been 2 atomic wars since 1990.
1. In and around an unspecified city.
A) Montag encounters Clarisse McClellan
1. She opens his eyes to the emptiness of his life with her innocently penetrating questions and her unusual love of people and nature.
B) Changes in life
1. First, his wife attemps suicide by swallowing a bottle of sleeping pills.
2. Second, when he responds to an alarm about an old woman having a stash of books, he is shocked when the women decides to burn with her books.
3. Third, he hears that Clarisse was killed by a speeding car.
4. Last, he rounds up all the books he took from all the fires they had.
C) Beatty interegated Montag
1. When Montag fells to show up for work, Beatty pays a visit to his house.
2. He tells Montag that all firemen go through a phase about what books can offer.
3. Then he explains how books came to be banned in the first place.
4. He gives Montag 24 hours to look and see if any of the books are worth reading.
D) Faber helps Montag
1. Montag couldn't get his wife to help him read so, he got Faber help.
2. Faber agrees to help him with his readings, and together they thought of a plan.
3. Faber will begin to reproduce books, while Montag plants books in the houses of firemen to discredit the profession and destroy the machinery of censorship.
1. Montag gives the books to beatty, while beatty tells him qoutes from the books to confuse him.
2. The alarm goes off, as the rush to the house they find out its montag's house, his wife betrayed him.
3. Beatty forces Montag to burn his own house down with a flamethrower.
4. Montag turns the flame thrower toward Beatty and burns him to ashes, knocks the other firemen out and runs for it.
5. The mechanical hound injects a large dose of anesthetic in his leg, Montag manages to destroy it with the flamethrower.
F) The Chase
1. Montag grabs the books he hide in his back yard, he hides these in another firemen's house and calls in a alarm.
2. Montag goes to Faber's house where he learns a new hound is on his trail.
3. Faber tells Montag theres a retired printer in St. Louis, who may be able to help him.
4. Faber gives Montag some of his old clothes to drown out his scent from the Mechanical Hound.
5. He made it to the river changing into the clothes faber gave him, jumping into the river floating into the country area.
G) Granger helps Montag
1. After getting out of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document