2. What did he do in October, 1795? And what title did he receive?
3. Under Napoleon as general, the French fought a prolonged war in 1795-6 with whom? (click on specific battles/victories to find out)
http://www.pbs.org/empires/napoleon/n_politic/people/page_1.html Use the arrows the bottom of the screen to navigate the page and move forward when you are ready. 4. Read Napoleon’s quote from Wolloch (at bottom). What was so appealing about Napoleon? What did he offer?
5. What agreement did Napoleon sign with the Pope in 1801 and what did it say?
6. What was the Civil Code?
7. What did Napoleon do in 1802 to give himself more power?
8. What happened on December 2, 1804? Considering the French Revolution and what happened to Louis XVI, why is that ironic?
9. According to Bertaud (in red), why was it important that the Pope came to Paris for the ceremony?
Finally, a kingdom as tiny as his ambitions were great. http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/guide18/part01.html
10. Click on the Battle of Trafalgar.
a. Who was the British leader in this naval battle and what happened to him?
b. Who won the battle and what was the significance of the outcome for Napoleon?
11. What did Napoleon do on June 24, 1812 and why is that his “biggest mistake”?
12. Britain, Russia, and Austria defeat Napoleon and take Paris in 1813. What is Napoleon’s fate in 1814?
13. What is the goal of the Congress of Vienna?
14. Where did Napoleon’s final battle take place?
15. Who was the English commander at the final battle?
16. When and where was...