Date: 14th January, 2013
School: The Faculty of Philosophy
Class and level: 6th grade (14 year-olds)
Number of students: 20 +
Teacher-mentor: Milica and Nina
Student-teacher: Jovana Spasic 3055, Jovana Petrovic 3095, Andrijana Jankovic 3076, Milena Stojiljkovic 3068
Lesson: based on songs
Objectives: By the end of the class the Ss will:
➢ have acquired dream-related vocabulary (daydream, dreamland, like a dream, “sweet dreams”, pipe dream); ➢ have practised their listening, speaking, writing and reading skills;
Aims: I’ll be working on:
• Ss’ acquisition of new words;
• Ss’ pair work skills;
• Ss’ listening, reading, writing and speaking skills;
Assumptions: The assumption is:
• that the Ss are cooperative and ready to work;
• that the Ss are already familiar with some words (dream) • that the Ss will like the song;
• that the positive and relaxed atmosphere will improve their ability to perform tasks.
• The Ss might not be cooperative and ready to work;
✓ SOLUTION: Ts will provide assistance if necessary
• The Ss might not like the song
✓ SOLUTION: Ts will ask for a reason and explain the importance of the song for the lesson.
Method: Multiple intelligence
Warm-up (3 min)
• The Ts will ask the Ss if they usually remember their dreams and what they usually dream about ❖ STAGE AIM: To introduce them to the topic and get their attention.
Linguistic introduction (6 min)
• The Ts will distribute the handouts with the lyrics and play the song “The Mamas and the Papas – California dreaming” for the first time. Then, the song will be played for the 2nd time and the Ss will sing along. ❖ STAGE AIM: To practice their listening and speaking/singing skills.
Presentation (5 min)
• The Ts will distribute the handouts with the words and their meaning. Afterwards, Ts will write down the words on the blackboard and explain their meaning by providing the example sentences. ❖ STAGE AIM: To help the Ss build on their vocabulary and to practise their listening skills.
HOMEWORK: The Ss should cut out the pictures from newspapers related to their dreams or daydreams and make a collage.
Practice (6 min)
• T – S interaction, S – S interaction: The Ss will be dividied in pairs. Then they will be given the handouts with the exercise consisting of 2 parts. Firstly, they will have to put the given letters in the correct order. Then, they will have to match those words with their definitions. • T – S interaction: Then they will be given the handouts with the crossword puzzle containing the new vocabulary. The Ss have to find the given words and cross them out. ❖ STAGE AIM: To give them a chance to acquire even better the words done in class through practice activities.
Production (7 min)
• T – S interaction, S – S interaction: As the Ss sit in pairs, they have to come up with a dream story and try to be as creative as possible. The Ts will randomly choose the pair which will tell the story out loud. ❖ STAGE AIM: To practice their creativity and speaking skills.
Checking (2 min)
• The Ts will randomly chose a student and ask them to use some new acquired word in a sentence. ❖ STAGE AIM: To see how well the Ss have learnt the words done in class.
- Remind the Ss about their HW assignment and thank them for being cooperative.
|dream-related words |
Additional activities: (3, 5, 7 min)
|3 min |T – S interaction: Ts will play the song from the cartoon | | |“Cinderella – A dream is a wish your heart makes”. | |5...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document