M-ESC-5-03-21-05-E Professor Vinca Bigo November 2012 Leadership and Sustainable Development: Leaders their virtues and their vices NAME (first and last in capital letters)__________VLADIMIR_TERENTYEV______ The material is for me only to read, and for you to keep.
1. In one sentence, and in your own words describe what kind of leader you want to be remembered as? It's an open secret, that our world is rulling by ideas. This ideas are created and organized by leaders with their followers, that's why there is a great amount types of leader's, for example, to traditional types of leaders we can put in transactional (who motivate their followers) and transformational (who inspire them) leaders. But nowadays we can see the beginning of another leaders' types, such as servant and creative leaders. As for me, I'm very interested in attempts to mix two ways of leadership. I'm really admired with features of servant leadership, especially, in such a great attention in understanding the emotional and spiritual needs of followers, because it is very important to make your employees feel themselves happy on a work, because they certainly will translate this feeling to companies customers, suppliers and their own colleagues. Moreover, I'm interested in creative leadership which is based on creativity management. Creative leadership means producing a favorable atmosphere for stimulating the creativity of personal. For my vision, the easest way to reach such point are to cultivate in followers proud of their work, to enlarge employees acknowledgment of what the company present to customer, to involve them in creative community and different activities (inventing new solutions, discovering unsuspected potentialities, etc).
2. Using the leadership identity card (CCC) describe the 5 competences, 5 character traits and 5 values you wish to commit to, which you would like to include in your profile.
The main aim of leadership is to entice followers away using leaders’ ideas and vision. But leaders treats of character plays a great role in this process, that’s why it is very important to leader to clarify all his features, competences and values in his own profile. As for me, I can say that treats of character I can include in my profile are:
1. tolerance (because it is necessary not to become crazy about one’s mistakes, bad habits or another unpleasant things – it is much more effective to help him to change this disadvantages to strong points),
2. courage (because sometimes I feel frightened about making a mistake, but I know how it is important for leader to make decisions fast and creative, without any fears of loss or unexpected), 3. perseverance in leading your followers to realization of my vision, 4. patience without which it is impossible to converse with another people and explain them every small details of my vision, 5. And the most important treat of character for myself it is a humorous way of conversation and life which is very necessary to motivate and inspire my followers. As for values, I suppose that the main aim of living is creation, that’s why the most important value for me is creativity. Another necessary value for me is integrity (trustworthy to my own principles and values). Speaking about ethic values I can’t but mention forgiveness to one’s mistakes and even insults, equality of every person in my life despite their treats to me and compassion to one’s who not such happy as me. To the list of my competences I can include such a real leader’s competences as organizational skills, the ability to speak interesting for interlocutor, the ability to listen interlocutors, the competence to be interested sincerely in everything that is interesting for my followers or employees and at last good strategic vision of situation in a complexity.
3. Describe how you intend to develop (strengthen/foster/nurture) each of the 15 aspects chosen, with concrete and measurable action in each case. It is very...