Assignment 1: Job Task Analysis & Recruiting
Audio Recording Engineer
I’m Saving Myself Studios
It’s hard to get into the minds of teens today. In our community alone we have watched teens die or get locked up at early ages. The best way to reach teens nowadays is through music. There are so many young aspiring rappers & singers in our community and it is up to us to recognize their talent and nurture it so that it may hopefully change their lives for the better. I’m Saving Myself studios, based in Benton Harbor, Michigan is a brand new state of the art recording facility that will give aspiring musicians the opportunity to record their own positive music for a low discounted rate as long as they are apart of the program. I’m Saving Myself will also provide artist development tools such as rehearsals and voice lessons to enhance their career. Part II
Job Task Analysis
Position Title: Audio Recording Engineer
Reports To: CEO
In order to give the state of the art music recording experience, we have to provide a state of the art sound. Sure anyone can by himself or herself recording software & a beat machine but does that make them a professional? We must have an engineer that will provide us with professional editing, recording, mixing & mastering techniques. The recording engineer will work closely with the producers & the artist to ensure the quality of sound they are looking for. Requirements
* Training in vocational school or an associates degree
* Must have knowledge of operating P.C. & Mac computers * Must have a good ear for balance (mixing)
* Must be able to successfully operate the Pro-Tools system * Strong work ethic and an incredible attention to detail * Must be intimately familiar with all of the equipment in the studio and how each piece of equipment affects the sound of the recorded audio * Must be able to work fast
* Have strong communication skills
* Must be dependable
* Must be able to tolerate stress
The Audio Recording Engineer will work closely with the music producer and the artist. This will always be a 3 person collaborative to accomplish a high quality record. The A.R.E. will be responsible for getting the mixes done on time. It’s also up to the recording engineer to be totally confidential between different artists. No sharing of music will be tolerated. Duties/Tasks
* Engaging with producers, artist, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the production * Setting up, testing and adjusting recording equipment for recording sessions * Regulating volume level and sound quality during recording sessions, using control consoles. * Preparing for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones. * Mixing and editing voices, music, and taped sound effects for live performances and for prerecorded events, using sound mixing boards. * Synchronize and equalize prerecorded dialogue, music, and sound effects with visual action of motion pictures or television productions, using control consoles. * Keep logs of recordings.
* Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment. * Create musical instrument digital interface programs for music projects, commercials, or film postproduction. * Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are made. * Tear down equipment after event completion.
* Confer with producers, performers, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production, such as a musical recording or a film. * Reproduce and duplicate sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment. * Prepare for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones. * Separate instruments,...