Disclaimer: This document is intend to show the way how to unlock a Huawei EC150 USB Modem / or a CDMA Mobile device. Methods presented here are tested on a specific models and won’t work or no need to work on all models. Do the unlocking process at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage cause to the device or loss.
For unlocking Huawei EC150 you’ll need the following Tools & Softwares: 1. DFS 22.214.171.124 - CDMA Reprogram, flashing software.(www.cdmatool.com) 2. IDM UltraEdit v.17.0.XXX (www.ultraedit.com)
3. EC150Update_11.104.04.00.114.B416.exe – Firmware Update (Incase you need to update the firmware, Not necessary if you don’t want to update) 4. CDMA Workshop 2.7.rar – Reprogram, Flashing (www.cdma-ware.com) (www.filecrop.com) 5. EC150 Drivers – (to install the device without operators dashboard) 6. Mobile_Partner_11.302.09.01.539_Voice_USSD – Dashboard for setting up the connection.
Preface: The Standard freeware and tools that available on the internet won’t work on this device because this device has no IMEI Number instead of that it has a MEID number. So you cannot calculate the unlock code based on an MEID. The Standard methods presented for Huawei USB Modems won’t work on this device. You cannot able to update the firmware without SPC Code. So I hereby presented the other way used to read the code from the memory dump.
Finding out the SPC (Service Programming Code) of your device:
1. Plug in your Huawei EC150 device to the PC.
2. I assume that you’ve already installed the drivers, if you’re not done already install the drivers with original software comes with the device. 3. After installing the device the system will auto detect and run the User Interface of your service provider. 4. Just Close the Application, Do not Shutdown the device. (See Fig 1.1) [pic]
Note: Normally EC150 will connect to the system by using the following 3 COM Ports. a. Modem Device
b. Application Interface
c. PC UI Interface (this one is used to run the operators application.) We are not going to use the PC UI Interface port here to unlock the device.
5. Install DFS 126.96.36.199 on your PC and disconnect your Internet connection. (If any) Because the DFS 188.8.131.52 checks for an online account, there is no need to run the DFS online and the demo mode is enough for this process.
Fig 1.2 The DFS User Interface without connecting any device 1. DFS User Interface Explained:
1.1 On top of the Interface you will see a “Ports” Command button [pic] to detect the connected ports.
1.2. After that you see a connection icon to connect or disconnect a specific port. Mouse Roll or Double click on the port you want to connect. [pic]
1.3. Below that you see a button named “SPC” [pic] used to type & send SPC codes to the device.
1.4. On the right side of the SPC You see a “PWD” [pic]which is a standard PWD for all devices. Usually 16 digits of Hexadecimal value, you can change it into “00000000000000000”
5. After that you see a “CMD” [pic] which is used to send “AT COMMANDS” to the device. You can find and use an ATsimulator.ini to know the AT COMMANDS of your device (search the directory where you installed the Service Providers Software.) Note: The AT Commands may vary for each model. Make a Google search for AT Commands.
1.7. On the Right side of the application window you see “Reset” icon which is used to change the mode of the device. [pic] a. Offline D – Device is offline Dead mode
b. Offline A – Device is offline Active Mode
c. Reset – Device will disconnect and will automatically connect again. d. FTM – File Transfer Mode (for CDMA Mobile phones) e. Radio on – Turn on Radio Frequency
f. Radio off - Turn off Radio Frequency...