YEAR 10 EXAM
Tuesday 22nd November 2011
8:55am – 10:35am
8:55am – 9:05am
WRITING TIME: 9:05am – 10:35pm
STUDENT NAME: ...............................
MS SERGIEJEW, MS ALESSIO,
MS DAVIDSON, MS XYNOS, MS SANTI.
(Please circle your Teacher)
| | |INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS: | | | |Write the answers for both parts on lined paper provided. | |You are allowed to have a dictionary on your desk. | |Read through all questions and information carefully. | | |
Part 1 – Romeo & Juliet
Select one question. Write a 400-500 word text response essay.
Please make sure that you include evidence and quotes from the play in your answer.
1. “The tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is simply a case of bad luck.” Do you agree? OR
2. “Romeo and Juliet’s love is doomed not just by the world around it, but by its own intensity.” Do you agree? OR
3. What/who are the driving forces behind the deaths of Romeo and Juliet? (Refer to success criteria on page 3)
Part 2 – Language Analysis
1. Read the letter from Tiger Airways on page two of this exam paper. Annotate the letter and identify the main contention, tone and persuasive techniques. Then write a 300-400 word analysis of the letter following the guide below. Write your analysis as a coherently structured piece of prose on the lined paper provided. (20 marks)
- Title of letter
- Author/s (ie. Tiger Airways)
- Main Persuasive Techniques
BODY: Include an explanation of the persuasive techniques, provide an example or examples for each and most importantly the effect they have on the audience/reader. You may use the table below to help you.
|Persuasive Technique |Example |Effect | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document