December 7, 2012
According to Robbins and Judge (2011), job satisfaction is a positive feeling about a job resulting from an evaluation of its characteristics. The most important factors to job satisfaction in my work environment are:
2. Feeling safe in the work environment
3. Job security
5. Relationship with co-workers
6. Career advancement opportunities
7. Communication between employees and senior management
8. Career development opportunities
9. Flexibility to balance life and work issues
10. Relationship with immediate supervisor
11. Management recognition of employee job performance
12. The work itself
13. Opportunities to use skills/abilities
14. Autonomy and independence
15. Overall corporate culture
16. Meaningfulness of job
17. Variety of work
18. Contribution of work to organization’s business goals
19. Organization’s commitment to professional development
20. Job-specific training
I believe the most important factor that contributes to job satisfaction is the money. If one is not satisfied with the amount of money received for doing a certain job, then this would be reflected in the efficiency, quality, and the time of completion of the work. On the other side, if one feels that is paid enough for the work he does, he is going to perform his job better. Also, money gives security, so a well paid employee will feel safer, from a financial point of view, and will be able to focus on completing his tasks rather than thinking of ways to make money in order to pay bills and to be able to make it for another month.
Next, feeling safe in the work environment is what gives an employee the comfortable feeling and it allows him to target all his efforts to best doing his tasks. Working in environments where employee’s... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Factors to Job Satisfaction. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Factors-To-Job-Satisfaction-1323010.html
"Factors to Job Satisfaction" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Factors-To-Job-Satisfaction-1323010.html>.
- MLA 7
"Factors to Job Satisfaction." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Factors-To-Job-Satisfaction-1323010.html>.
"Factors to Job Satisfaction." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Factors-To-Job-Satisfaction-1323010.html.