DVD player are software programs that allow users to view DVD video on a computer or television with a DVD or DVD ROM drive. There also exist portable devices which have an attached LCD screen and stereo speakers. Portable DVD players are often used for long road trips and other travel. Types of DVD Player
1. Standard DVD Player (both single tray and changer)
2. Universal DVD Player
3. DVD Player/VHS VCR combination
4. DVD Recorder/VHS VCR combination
5. DVD player/AV Receiver Combination
6. DVD Recorder/Hard Drive Combination
7. DVD Player/TIVO Combination
8. DVD Recorder/TIVO Combination
9. DVD Player/Video Projector Combination
10. Portable DVD Player
11. DVD Player/Video Game Console Combination
12. Home Theater-In-A-Box System with built-in DVD Player
13. TV/DVD Player or TV/DVD player/VCR Combination
14. DVD Camcorder
16. Standalone Video Editing System With A Built-in DVD Burner 15. DVD-ROM and DVD-Writer Drives for PCs and Laptop Computers 16. HD-DVD Player (HD-DVD and DVD compatible)
17. Blu-ray Disc Player (Blu-ray Disc and DVD compatible)
* Some DVD players include a USB video recorder.
* Wireless connections (Bluetooth and/or wifi) are useful to manage (play/record) wirelessly content from or to other devices (i.e. cell phones). * Provide entertainment.
* Good picture quality.
* DVD is superior with sound.
What are the disadvantages of DVD?
* Some movie discs don't function fully (or don't play at all) on some players. * DVD recorders are more expensive than VCRs.
* DVD has built-in copy protection and regional lockout
* DVD uses digital compression. Poorly...