Dabur (Dabur India Ltd.) derived from Daktar Burman is India's largest Ayurvedic medicine manufacturer. The Dabur began with a small, but visionary endeavour by Dr. S. K. Burman, a physician tucked away in Bengal. He has set up Dabur in 1884 to produce and dispense Ayurvedic medicines. Reaching out to a wide mass of people who had no access to proper treatment. Dabur India Limited has marked its presence with significant achievements and today commands a market leadership status. Our story of success is based on dedication to nature, corporate and process hygiene, dynamic leadership and commitment to our partners and stakeholders. The results of our policies and initiatives speak for themselves.
* Leading consumer goods company in India with a turnover of Rs. 5,283 Crore (FY12) * 2 major strategic business units (SBU) - Consumer Care Business and International Business Division (IBD) * 2 Subsidiary Group companies - Dabur International and NewU and several step down subsidiaries: Dabur Nepal Pvt Ltd (Nepal), Dabur Egypt Ltd (Egypt), Asian Consumer Care (Bangladesh), Asian Consumer Care (Pakistan), African Consumer Care (Nigeria), Naturelle LLC (Ras Al Khaimah-UAE), Weikfield International (UAE) and Jaquline Inc. (USA) * 17 ultra-modern manufacturing units spread around the globe * Products marketed in over 60 countries
* Wide and deep market penetration with 50 C&F agents, more than 5000 distributors and over 3.4 million retail outlets all over India.
Consumer Care Business adresses consumer needs across the entire FMCG spectrum through four distinct business portfolios of Personal Care, Health Care, Home Care & Foods Master brands:
Dabur - Ayurvedic healthcare products
Vatika - Premium hair care
Hajmola - Tasty digestives
Réal - Fruit juices & beverages
Fem - Fairness bleaches & skin care products
* 12 Billion-Rupee brands: Dabur Amla, Dabur Chyawanprash, Vatika, Réal, Dabur Red Toothpaste, Dabur Lal Dant Manjan, Babool, Hajmola, Dabur Honey, Glucose, Fem and Odonil * Strategic positioning of Honey as food product, leading to market leadership (over 75%) in branded honey market * Dabur Chyawanprash the largest selling Ayurvedic medicine with over 65% market share. * Vatika has been the fastest growing hair care brand in the Middle East * Hajmola tablets in command with 60% market share of digestive tablets category. About 2.5 crore Hajmola tablets are consumed in India every day * Leader in herbal digestives with 90% market share
* Consumer Health Division (CHD) offers a range of classical Ayurvedic medicines and Ayurvedic OTC products that deliver the age-old benefits of Ayurveda in modern ready-to-use formats * Has more than 300 products sold through prescriptions as well as over the counter * Major categories in traditional formulations include:
* Asav Arishtas
* Ras Rasayanas
* Medicated Oils
* Proprietary Ayurvedic medicines developed by Dabur include: * Nature Care Isabgol
* Division also works for promotion of Ayurveda through organised community of traditional practitioners and developing fresh batches of students
International Business Division (IBD) caters to the health and personal care needs of customers across different international markets, spanning Nepal, Bangladesh, the Middle East, North & West Africa, EU and the US with its brands Dabur & Vatika * Contributes to about 30% of total sales
* Leveraging the 'Natural' preference among local consumers to increase share in personal care categories * Focus markets:
* High level of localization of manufacturing and sales & marketing.
Founder and Leaders:-
The story of Dabur began with a small, but visionary endeavour by Dr. S. K....