An introduction to ITC Ltd. Kolkata,India
| Public (BSE:ITC)
| 24 August 1910
Radha Bazar Lane, Kolkata, India
| Kolkata, India
| Yogesh Chander Deveshwar, Chairman,
K. Vaidyanath, Director, Partho Chatterjee, CFO
| Tobacco, foods, hotels, stationery, greeting cards
| Cigarettes, packaged food, hotels, apparel
| ▲ $4.75 billion USD (2006)
| 21,000 (2007)
ITC Limited which previously stood for Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited, is an Indian conglomerate with a turnover of US $ 4.75 billion. It ranks third in pre- ttax profit among India's private sector corporations. The company has its registered office in Kolkata. The company is currently headed by Yogesh Chander Deveshwar. It employs over 20,000 people at more than 60 locations across India and is listed on Forbes 2000. The Training Centre of the company is in Munger, Bihar. ITC is also known as "Chatkal" (especially in Munger).
List of products & brands:
ITC has a diversified presence in
* CIGARETTES : W. D. & H. O. Wills, Gold Flake, Navy Cut, Insignia, India Kings, Classic Verve , Classic, Silk Cut, Scissors, Capstan, Berkeley, Bristol and Flake.
* HOTELS: ITC Welcome group Hotels, Palaces and Resorts is India's second largest hotel chain with over 80 hotels. Based out of Hotels Division Headquarters at the ITC Green Centre in Gurgaon, ITC Welcome group is also the exclusive franchisee of The Luxury Collection brand of Starwood Hotels and Resorts in India.
* PAPERBOARDS & SPECIALTY PAPERS: ITC Bhadrachalam Paperboards Limited & ITC Tribeni Tissues Division are now under one roof - Paper Boards and Specialty Papers Division. There are 4 Units under one umbrella - Bhadrachalam, Tribeni, Bollarum and Kovai. ITC PSPD India's Largest Packaging Solution provider with In-Packaging & Printing Business: house film manufacturing capabillty. Multi-locational manufacturing facilities to cater to domestic and export requirements.Product Range includes Cartons (Folding & Fluted), Flexibles (Ree ls & Pouches), Shoulder Box, HL's & CBO, Printed Cork Tipping, Gaywraps. ITC PPB.
* AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY: Agri-Business, Leaf Tobacco, Gold Ribbon, Blue Ribbon, Aqua Kings, Aqua Bay, Aqua Feast and Peninsular.
* PACKAGED FOODS & CONFECTIONERY: Kitchens of India, Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Mint-O, Candyman, Bingo Snacks.
* BRANDED APPAREL: Wills Lifestyle, John Players, Miss Players.
* TOILETRIES: Essenza Di Wills, Fiama Di Wills, Superia, Vivel Di Wills, Vivel.
* EDUCATION & STATIONARY PRODUCTS: Expressions,Classmate, Paperkraft.
* INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: ITC Infotech.
* SAFETY MATCHES: iKno, Mangaldeep, VaxLit, Delite(Discontinued) and Aim Brands acquired from Wimco (Western India Match Company): Ship , Homelite (Swedish Matches).
* INCENSE STICKS: Mangaldeep, Spriha,Yantra.
While ITC continues in its traditional businesses of Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards, Packaging and Agri-Exports, it is gaining market share in its nascent businesses of Packaged Foods & Confectionery, Branded Apparel and Greeting Cards. ITC's wholly owned Information Techno- logy subsidiary, ITC Infotech India Limited, is pursuing emerging opportunities in Providing end-to-end IT solutions, including e-enabled services and business process out sourcing.
ITC's Agri-Business is India's second largest exporter of agricultural products. ITC is one of the India's biggest foreign exchange earners (US $ 2 billion in the last decade). The Company's 'e-Choupal' initiative is enabling Indian agriculture significantly enhance its competitiveness by empowering Indian farmers through the power of the Internet. This...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document