COURT ASSIGNMENT DETAIL
COURT ASSIGNMENT IS DUE BY MARCH 25, 2013
USE THE INFORMATION BELOW AS A GUIDELINE
Report to include the date and time of your attendance.
The court rooms you observed.
- Observe criminal proceedings and identify terms discussed in class such as bail, show cause, probation, sentences, incarceration, parole, conditional sentence, curfews, restitution, diversion, warrants, etc.
- Provide a brief synopsis of your observations incorporating concepts discussed in class.
- Maximum 4 typed pages plain white copy paper
- One staple in top left corner
- 35 % of your total mark
- Name and student number on title page
- Document must be professional in appearance
There is a template attached that you may use.
The Court I attended was Court of Justice. On March 21 2013 after my classes and I got there on time for the court session at 11:00 a.m. It was my first time entering court, the security was very strict, they looked through my purse and made me take everything out of my pockets. After the security check I started looking for courtrooms with trials going on I entered a very interesting Courtroom 10 on the 6th floor. There was many people waiting in that courtroom including attorneys, but the attorneys were standing by the defendants. The trail was open to the public’ the crown stated the facts about the ( ) this wasn’t a jury trail the judge made the decision. As the Crown sated the facts, the Accused was arrested in September 13, 2011 for distribution of narcotics and prohibited firearms position. The offender was released on conditional sentence due to the judge was satisfied that the offender did not pose danger to the community. The offender has been on house arrest until the date of his trail and he breached his condition five times. On March 2nd, 2013 the accused was having an argument at home with his family and he decided to leave the house for a walk to cool down and the police spot him and ran his name through...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document