Objectives | Guidelines | Milestones | Course Project Outline | Course Project Proposal and Milestones | Course Project Overall Table of Contents | Course Project Technical Areas | |
Provide an efficient means for students to develop various aspects of a technical/business proposal throughout the course. There are three papers that build on each other through the session to give the students experience in taking a concept and expanding on it. | |
* Choose a base idea that is expanded through a series of three milestones throughout the course. * These can be completely oriented toward business or could also be topics that reinforce the idea that we live in a technological world 24 hours a day. Mobile devices, social networking, cloud computing, and digital media are examples of this fact. * The Week 1 threaded discussion will help identify and choose appropriate instructor approved topics. * The graded proposal is submitted formally in Week 2.
* Course Project Milestones 1, 2, and 3 are submitted in weeks 3, 5, and 7. The format for the course project is posted in DocSharing. This will be a single document that you continue to add content to (i.e. week 2 you will complete the proposal and add any references used on the reference page; week 3, add content to the original documet for Milestone 1, etc.) | |
* Week 1: Discussion and agreement on the Course Project (not graded, but required) * Week 2: Submission of the Course Project Proposal (graded) * Week 3: Course Project – Milestone 1
* Week 5: Course Project – Milestone 2
* Week 7: Course Project – Milestone 3 – Project Complete Grading Rubrics (The Proposal and each Milestone is worth 75 points) Category| Points| %| Description|
Documentation and Formatting| 12| 15| A quality paper will include a title page, abstract, proper citations, and a bibliography.| Organization and Cohesiveness| 15| 20| A quality paper will include an introduction based upon a well formed thesis statement. The logical order of the content will be derived from the thesis statement. The content will be properly subdivided into sections derived from the outline. In a quality paper, the conclusion will summarize the previously presented content, and will complement the thesis statement from the introduction| Editing| 12| 15| A quality paper will be free of any spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors. Sentences and paragraphs will be clear, concise, and factually correct.| Content| 36| 50| A quality paper will have significant scope and depth of research to support any statements. Strategic implications will be explained and supported. Relevant illustrations or examples are encouraged. A quality paper will employ use of sound reasoning and logic to reinforce conclusions| Total| 75| 100| A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Course Project Outline| |
The purpose of the Course Project is to describe the solution to a business problem where technology can be of value. The initial paper is an introduction to the topic which you are choosing. You have enough knowledge to describe the major concept of the paper and then prepare the first milestone. It then evolves in incremental fashion throughout the course. As an example, you could write their papers on some aspect of ecommerce. They might pick the topic of 4G mobile devices and tie it in to targeted advertising. You could then tie the back-end databases that are necessary to support the ideas for his or her growing project (for example, how databases contain information that allows vendors to target their audience, and what those databases are). Your paper could then describe the infrastructure and networking (at a non-technical level) that would be required to support the idea (for example,...