The common use of health
1. What's the first thing to look for on a nutrition label and why?
The serving size. The size of the serving on the food package influences the number of calories and all the nutrient amounts listed on the top part of the label.
2. How many calories is considered high for a single serving of food?
400 calories or more is high.
3. What Percent Daily Value (%DV) for any given nutrient is considered low? 5% DV is considered low
4. What %DV is considered high?
20% DV is considered high
5. In an ingredient list, added sugars can go by many different names. List five of them.
corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, and maltose,
6. Look at the example of the macaroni and cheese food label. How many total calories would you consume if you ate the entire box? 700 calories
Eating Disorders part 2
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight, as well as a distorted body self-perception. It typically involves excessive weight loss. Anorexia usually develops during adolescence and early adulthood. Due to the fear of gaining wait people stop eating as much.
My sister had it and it was really tough on the family and her. We ended up putting her in a treatment center for it and that really helped her. So if I had a friend with Anorexia I would do the same for them. It was a very emotional situation for her and our family. Now she is totally fine and hasn’t struggled since.
Benefits from physical activity are it helps build and maintain healthy bones muscles and joints. It Helps control weight, build lean muscle, and reduce fat. Prevents or delays the development of high blood pressure and helps reduce blood pressure in some adolescents with hypertension. 3 Personal fitness goals for me are go to the gym at least twice a week, Become stronger, and surf better.
I’m going to achieve these goals by...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document