Answer the questions in the boxes provided.
1. Describe the causes, characteristics, and physical problems that result from having Anorexia.
2. What three food groups add fiber to the diet?
3. Explain where cholesterol comes from and why it is harmful to our bodies.
4. What are three qualities about fast food that make the food nutritionally unhealthy?
5. Define a calorie.
6. Describe the behavior of someone with bulimia.
7. What are three things to remember for healthy dieting?
8. Explain how BMI is used.
9. Explain how the food pyramid is used to give nutrition advice.
10. Name three disease/conditions that become more common if someone is obese.
11. List 3 tips for safe food handling.
12. Describe 3 risky weight loss strategies.
13. Calculate the percentages of calories for fat, protein and carbohydrate based on the following information. Calories 240 Total Fat 2g Carbohydrate 48g Protein 9g Extra Credit for guessing the food that this label info came from
14. Describe the health benefits of being a vegetarian.
15. How can herbal supplements be dangerous?
16. Explain how dehydration and electrolyte balance are related.
17. Which food would be a complex carbohydrate?
A. SodaB. Candy bar
C. Whole wheat bread D. Spaghetti
18. On the food label, serving sizes are listed in:
A. Metric amountsB. Household measures
C. PercentagesD. Both A and B
19. The recommended amount of fat is _____ or less of total calories?
A. 10%B. 30%
C. 60%D. 75%
20. Fats produce about ___________ as many calories per gram as other
A. HalfB. Equal
C. One-thirdD. Twice
21. People who are lactose intolerant should avoid: A. MeatB. Grains
C. FruitsD. Dairy
22. Most weight loss diets provide normal ways to eat for a lifetime.
23. Diet pills are a safe way for people to lose weight.
24. Forcing yourself to vomit is one of the common behaviors of someone with anorexia nervosa.
25. Daily values on food labels are based on a 3,000-calorie diet.
26. Ingredients are listed on a label by weight, with the first ingredient
Being present in the greatest amount.
27. It is recommended that the majority of your daily calorie intake come from
28. ___F__ Saturated FatA. Vitamins C and B
29. ___B__ Unsaturated FatB. Forms oils at room temperature
30. _A____ Water Soluble VitaminsC. Primary source of energy
31. __E___ Fat Soluble VitaminsD. Builds and repairs the body
32. _G____ ProteinE. Raises cholesterol levels
33. __C___ CarbohydrateF. Causes high blood pressure
34. ___D__ WaterG. Vitamins A, D, E, K
35. ____H_ SodiumH. Helps prevent osteoporosis
36. ___I__ CalciumI. Nutrient without calories
-Dieting despite being thin
-Pretending to eat
-Strange food rituals
Individual personality traits
Family environment can cause anorexia
Fruit, veggies, grains/beans
Get it from food and can be inherited
It can build up in your arteries and cause your body to have a hard time functioning right.
3) Grease & oil
Produces energy for your body
*Being obsessed with weight
Eat good food not candy and sugar filled food
Eat the right amount. Don’t over eat
Don’t take dieting pills
Body mass index
used to identify possible weight problems
It shows you what you need or should eat more of.
Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, lower life...