Child Guidance Clinic is a registered, nonprofit making voluntary organization of the Indira Gandhi Children’s Hospital which has been initiated in the year 1997 and has been actively working to promote the welfare and interest of disabled children, economically poor and needy orphans. “Reaching the Unreached” is the motto of the organization. STRATEGY:
* To undertake programmes for awareness and prevention of such disabilities, deprivation and neglect. * To undertake programmes for the identification, education training and rehabilitation of such persons. * To cooperate and collaborate with likeminded organizations and individuals in the implementation of the programmes. The main thrust of Child Guidance Clinic is:
* To establish special school for the physically and mentally challenged. * School for street children in urban areas.
* Development of schools in rural areas for child labor. * AIDS Awareness Camps.
* Environmental Protection program. .
* Health Camps
* Women and youth programs
* Self Help programs
* Formal and Non-formal education.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL:
* To help the children make themselves personally adequate, socially competent and vocationally skilled. * To educate the parents about mental retardation with a view to arouse consciousness of the special needs of the children and their responsibility towards them. * To counsel and guide the parents regarding the training aspects at home of severely retarded children who are not able to attend the centre. * To organize pre-vocational and vocational programs for the children with mental retardation. * To accelerate the overall development of physical, mental, social and emotional ability of the child through yogasanas. * To organize group activities through play.
* To rehabilitate the persons after prevocational and vocational training. SALIENT FEARTURES OF THE SCHOOL:
Please join StudyMode to read the full document