Writing Your Career Plans
A career plan is developed after you have analyzed your skills and interests and researched possible occupations. Match your skills and interests to an occupation, decide on a career goal and plan how you will reach that goal. Source: Source: http://mapping-your-future.org/planning/
Sample Career Plan
Samantha Jones’s Career Plan #1:
To become a civil engineer. To design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings, highways, and rapid transit systems.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Analytical mind.
• Capacity for detail.
• Presentation skills.
• Writing skills.
• Knowledge of physical sciences and mathematics.
• Accreditation by Licensing Board.
Current skills and interests:
• Summer worker for Smith Construction Co.
• High School mathematics courses (earned A's).
• High School science courses (earned A's).
• Experience working as a team.
• Attended high school writing courses.
• Gave presentations in high school courses.
• 3.9 High School G.P.A.
Plan to reach career goal:
o Graduate from Fenway High School
o Obtain Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
▪ Schools with engineer programs I plan on applying to: ▪ MIT (stretch)
▪ UMass Amherst (safety)
o Take CE Accreditation exam to become licensed after obtaining BS in Civil Engineering • Internships:
o Complete 6-week senior internship at the City of Boston Urban Planning department o Complete 1000 hours of internships while working on Bachelor’s degree • Job Experience:
o Continue working for Smith Construction Co.
o Seek internships through...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document