The name of our company is Lucky 7 Cinema. The company is named after the 7 partners consisting of Yew Jian Haou, Yew Jian Ren, Joseph Loh Wai Seng, Vincent Pang Loon Wen, Ngan Khee Jun, Chew Ming Soon and Yap Joe Fu.
We have chosen Subang Avenue to open our Lucky 7 4D cinema. Subang Avenue is a place full of generation Y-ers as well as teenagers. There are many colleges and schools around this area making it a very strategic location.
The idea of a 4D cinema came about at year 2011 because we thought that the cinemas in Malaysia are not providing the best facilities and services for the customers. We believe Lucky 7 Cinema can provide better facilities and better services to satisfy customers. We will introduce the first ever 4D film in Malaysia.
2.3 Mission Statement
Our roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
* To refresh the world.
* To inspire moments of optimism and happiness.
* To create value and make a difference.
2.4 Vision Statement
Our vision serves as the framework for our roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
* People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be. * Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers, together we create mutual, enduring value. * Profit: Maximize long-term return to owners while being mindful of overall responsibilities. * Productivity: Be a highly effective , lean and fast-moving organization.
We are providing the first and only 4D cinema in Malaysia showing 3D films with physical effects in the theatre which occur in synchronization with the film allowing customers maximum satisfaction.
Our company is a partnership company. There are 7 partners in the company. The profits and losses are shared equally among the 7 of us.
3.0 Environmental Analysis
3.1 SWOT Analysis
* First and only 4D cinema showing movies in Malaysia.
* Duration of more than an hour compared to Genting’s 10 minutes. * Allow customers to experience the motion that other cinemas cannot provide. * 4D movie tickets are RM38 compared to RM22 for 3D movie tickets at other cinema, an additional of RM16 only.
* Only one 4D theater in the cinema and limited seats for customers. * It’s new, customers may not dare to try.
* Able to open up branches at different locations within 3 years. * Able to provide more theater rooms and more seats for customers within 3 years. 3.1.4 Threat
* Competition from others companies like Golden Screen Cinema (GSC) and Tanjong Golden Village (TGV). * Limited amount of capital.
3.2 PEST Analysis
* Government to apply tax on movie tickets.
* Movies that contains pornography and racist content is not allowed to show in Malaysia’s cinemas.
* Demand in the entertainment sector is increasing, therefore 4D cinema will be a hit.
* There’s an increase in willingness to spend on 3D movies, therefore surely people will also be willing to spend on 4D movies.
* Using the latest electro-mechanical seats for 4D movies, digital audio system, screen, polarized glasses and computer control system. * Customers can buy tickets online.
* Customers can buy tickets with their credit card without queue via kiosk.
4D film is a presentation system combining a 3D film with physical effects in the theatre which occur in synchronization with the film. In other words, 4D film is the combination of 3D movie with chair movement such as vibration,...