Module 7: Topic and Objectives
Ratio, Proportion, and Measurement
Explain and apply the methodologies of ratio, proportion and measurement in a classroom setting. (APTS 7; INTASC 7)
After interviewing an elementary student about current mathematics concept knowledge, the EED 364 student will develop an instructional plan to either support, develop, or extend the interviewed student's mathematics concepts. (APTS 1; INTASC 4).
Module 7: Assignments
Assessing a Student
1) Prepare an assessment for ratio, proportion, or measurement to administer to an elementary student.
2) Administer the assessment to the elementary student.
3) Based on the assessment findings, create a chart to demonstrate the student's understanding and areas needing support.
a) Within the chart, designate objectives and strategies of instruction to support the student's needs, based on the results of the assessment findings.
b) Does the student need differentiation? What types of strategies and instructional support would support learning?
c) What types of informal and formative assessments will be used to gauge learning?
4) In an analysis of 750-1,000 words, discuss the assessment process, including the data from the chart.
5) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
6) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box.
7) Submit both parts of the assignment (the chart and the essay) as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 7.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document