APUSH First Semester Final
1. The French and Indian War (1754-1763) altered the relationship between Britain and its North American colonies. Assess this change with regard to TWO of the following in the period between 1763 and 1775.
Land acquisition Politics Economics
2. Evaluate the extent to which the Articles of Confederation were effective in solving the problems that confronted the new nation.
3. Although the power of the national government increased during the early republic, this development often faced serious opposition. Compare the motives and effectiveness of those opposed to the growing power of the national government in TWO of the following.
Whiskey Rebellion, 1794
Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions, 1798-1799
Hartford Convention, 1814-1815
Nullification Crisis, 1832-1833
4. Analyze the contributions of TWO of the following in helping establish a stable government after the adoption of the Constitution.
John Adams Thomas Jefferson George Washington (2002)
5. Analyze the extent to which TWO of the following influenced the development of democracy between 1820 and 1840.
Jacksonian economic policy
Changes in electoral politics
Second Great Awakening
6. The Jacksonian Period (1824-1848) has been celebrated as the era of the "common man." To what extent did the period live up to its characterization? Consider TWO of the following in your response.
Economic development Politics Reform movements
7. In what ways did the Second Great Awakening in the North influence TWO of the following?
The cult of domesticity
8. Although Americans perceived Manifest Destiny as a benevolent movement, it was in fact an aggressive imperialism pursued at the expense of others. Assess the validity of this statement with specific reference to American expansionism in the 1840's.
9. Analyze the effectiveness of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document