1. Men took low-paying jobs as factory hands, construction workers, and canal diggers, while the women took positions as domestic servants in middle- and upper-class homes. They were accused of taking jobs and driving down wages.
2. Finney conducted emotional revival meetings that stressed conversion rather than instruction and discipline.
3. Both of the Great Awakenings were sparked by a declining church attendance; both included 'mass preaching', preachers going around and preaching the word of God to the mass of people.
4. Massive system of canals and roads that linked the states along the Atlantic coast with one another and with the new states in the Trans-Appalachian west.
5. Lucrative business.
6. Temperance, Abolitionism, and Women’s rights movements.
7. Jeffersonian democracy and Jacksonian democracy were based on the beliefs in the freedom and equal rights of all men.
8. Jefferson and Jackson
9. Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren
10. Cause- The U.S. southern lands to improve their economy and expand their territory. Effect- It really helped the U.S> economy because those lands were perfect for growing cotton which was in high demand. This lead to slavery and eventually the civil war. It really effected the Indians because many of them died on the trial of tears. Therefore, they lost numbers and became scarce.
11. many people moved to cities and large urban areas because of the abundant amount of jobs. However, rural farmers were needed to produce the goods that the city factories needed.
12. The U.S. was becoming was of the most dominant nations in textile manufacturing. Therefore, there was a lot of jobs available because owners of manufacturing companies needed workers to labor in the factories
13. The Second Great Awakening.
14. Transcendentalist ideas were the root cause of the several reforms
15. The name was inspired by the notion that the...