town and the countryside. Coming from an industrial town, it is a nice change to be away from the dirt produced by industry and the traffic pollution, which occurs in towns. Also, I feel that living in a place, which is a town in the country, helps to make you feel less stressed
about things, as there is not continuous rushing. However one can also
enjoy the benefits of a town, such as shops and other general amenities.
Anyway, the people who have come to live in rural areas and commute to work in the cities have ruined the rural communities by not using the village shops, pubs, post offices, schools, etc. They think that living in the country is wonderful, but at the end of the day they go back to their city employment and amenities. The countryside is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. There's so much about living in a city I'd miss such as restaurants, theatres, gigs even shopping.
Disadvantages in the city:
-The bad pollution, crime
- too many traffic jams, it's a nightmare to drive in and around the city
- not enough large green areas inside the town
- a brisk lifestyle, too stressful
- the weather: it's not exactly bad but could be better with a bit less clouds!!
- Cost of living: expansive rents and sometimes-outrageous prices of shops in some touristy areas.
- Gentrification: some very charming areas are completely losing their original population and soul
- you have to drive a long way if you want to see natural landscape of outstanding beauty
-The uneducated people, I think these people are the cause of almost all our problems
the high rate of migration, so the city is growing in all directions, and not for good, these new populated areas are slums.
Advantages in the city:
-Network of transport: whether to go in town (buses, tramways, subways, taxis...)
- cultural vitality: city life is vibrant,...