Summary introduction to computer
A meaning of computer
A Computer is an electronic device, operating under the control of instructions stored in its own memory
There are three process of computer
1. Collects data (input)
3. Produces information (output)
The Components of a Computer
A computer contains many electric, electronic, and mechanical components known as hardware. There are five type of the components of computer.
1.Input Devices is any hardware component that allows you to enter data and instructions into a computer such as keyboard, a mouse, a microphone
2.Output Devices is any hardware component that conveys information to one
or more people such as printer, monitor, and speakers.
3.System Unit is a case that contains the electronic components of the computer that are used to process data such as CPU (central processing unit) ,Memory components and recording media that retain data. Data storage is a core function and fundamental component of computers.
4. Storage Devices Storage holds data, instructions, and information for future use such as USB flash drives, hard disks, optical discs, and memory cards.
5. Communications Devices is a hardware component that enables a computer to send (transmit) and receive data, instructions, and information to and from one or more computers or mobile devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Computers
- Speed : When data, instructions, and information flow along electronic circuits in a computer, they travel at incredibly fast speeds. Many computer process billions or trillions of operations in a single second.
- Reliability : The electronic components in modern computers are dependable and reliable because they rarely break or fail
- Consistency : Given the same input and process, a computer will produce the same results, consistency.
- Storage : Computers can contain more data and information
- Communications : Users can communicate cheaper, quicker, easier,and more efficient.
- Health Risks : Prolonged or improper computer use can lead to headache.
- Violation of Privacy : Nearly every life event ins stored in a computer somewhere in medical records, credit reports, tax records, etc. In many instance where personal and confidential records were not protected properly, individuals have found their privacy violated and identities stolen.
- Public Safety : Users become victim in crime from using computer.
- Impact on Labor Force : Many employees are replaced by computers
- Impact on Environment : computer waste are hard to and polluting the environment.
Green computing involves reducing the electricity consumed and environmental waste generated when using a computer.
Networks and the Internet
The Network is a collection of hardware components and computers connected by communication together.
The Internet is a worldwide collection of networks that connects millions of businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, and individuals
A social networking Web site encourages members to share their interests, ideas, stories, photos, music, and videos with other registered users
1. Software, also called a program, tells the computer what tasks to perform and how to perfor
- System software is computer software designed to operate the computer hardware to provide basic functionality and to provide a platform for running application software.It consists of Operating system and Utility program.
- Application Software is computer software designed to help the user to perform specific tasks m them
2. Installing is the process of setting up software to work with the computer, printer, and other hardware
3. A programmer develops software or writes the instructions that direct the computer to process data into information...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document