Answer the following; submit through the assignments link as an MS-word document.
1. What percent of air is oxygen?
2. What is the entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called?
3. What is the waste product of cells?
4. What organs are located in the upper respiratory tract?
Nose, nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, & pharynx
5. What organs are in the lower respiratory tract?
Lungs, trachea, larynx, & the bronchial tree
6. What is the function of the nasal cavity?
The function of the nasal cavity is to condition the air to be received by the other areas of the respiratory tract.
7. What does mucous do?
Filters & moistens the air.
8. What is the function of the larynx?
The larynx prevents foreign object from entering the trachea & controls air that’s in & out of the trachea.
9. Which lung is larger, the right or the left?
The right lung is bigger.
10. What is laryngitis?
Laryngitis is inflammation of the larynx that typically results in huskiness, loss of the voice, harsh breathing, & a painful cough.
11. What is a bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscopy is a slender tubular instrument used to examine the bronchial tubes.
12. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to _________.
Reduce the weight of the skull & the resonant chambers that affect the quality of your voice.
13. What is found within the trachea that prevents it from collapsing and blocking the airway?
20 c-shaped pieces of cartilage
14. What is inspiration?
Inspiration is when pressure inside alveoli decreases & atmospheric pressure is greater.
15. What is tidal volume?
The amount of air that enters or leaves the lungs