Answer the following, submit through the assignments link as an msword document.
1. What percent of air is oxygen?
21% of the air is oxygen.
2. What is the entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called Respiration
3. What is the waste product of cells?
Carbon dioxide and water are the waste products of cells.
4. What organs are located in the upper respiratory tract? Nose, nasal cavities, pharynx, larynx, and upper trachea are parts of the upper respiratory tract. 5. What organs are in the lower respiratory tract?
The lower trachea, brochi, brochioles, alveoli, and lungs are organs in the upper respiratory tract. 6. What is the function of the nasal cavity?
The nasal cavity cleans, moisturizes, and warms the air that enters through the nares as well as provides turbulence via the nasal conchae to make sure the air is properly treated before continuing on. 7. What does mucous do?
This mucus entraps dust and other small articles that enter with air. 8. What is the function of the larynx?
Passageway for air during breathing, produces sound, prevents food and other foreign objects from entering the breathing structures. 9. Which lung is larger, the right or the left?
The right lung is larger.
10. What is laryngitis?
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the vocal cords.
11. What is a bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscopy is a procedure that allows your doctor to look at your airway through a thin viewing instrument called a bronchoscope. 12. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to _________. Reduce weight of skull
13. What is found within the trachea that prevents it from collapsing and blocking the airway? 20 'C'-shaped pieces of cartilages
14. What is inspiration?
Inspiration is when air is breathed in through the mouth or nose. 15. What is tidal volume?
Is the lung volume representing the normal volume of...