1. All of the following are to be considered when making ethical decisions in public relations EXCEPT: * Ethical decisions are based on: the public interest, employer or client, * professional organization code of ethics and personal values. 2. Which demographic group is the largest consumer of television, magazines, books, and newspapers? * Baby Boomers
3. “Respecting all opinions and supporting the right of free speech” is connected to which PRSA core value? * Fairness
4. According to Cabot’s Foundational Principles, “Clarity is more important than... * Cleverness
5. Critics often complain that PRSA’s code of ethics is not helpful because: * There is not punishment or a way to enforce it
6. Most professional groups believe that the primary purpose of establishing codes of ethics is: * To help society understand the role of Public Relations pro organizations can play a key & powerful role in advancing ethical practice. 7. What do the letters ROI stand for in business? * Return on Investment
8. Ethics in public relations begins with
* What is right and What is wrong
9. A person filing a libel suit usually must prove which of the following? 1.False Statement
3. Actual Injury
10. To use an employee’s image in product publicity, sales brochures, or advertising, the organization must have * Written Permission
11. Any e-mail an employee writes at work is
Public there is not private property from work.
12. Which of the following can be copyright protected? * Brochures, Drawings, News Features, Slogans, Photographs, Corporate Symbols, etc. 13. All of the following are suggestions for “winning” in the court of law and the court of public opinion EXCEPT: 1.Make carefully planned public comments in the earliest stages of a crisis or legal issues
2. Understand the perspective of lawyers and allow them to review statements when an organization is facing or involved in litigation.
3. Public relations practitioners need to guard against providing information to the opposing side in a legal case.
4. Public Relations Professionals should counsel and coach the legal team
5. Build support from other interested parties, such as industry assoications or chambers of commerce.
6.Develop a litigation communication team before you need it. 14. Which of the following government agencies has jurisdiction to determine if advertisements are deceptive or misleading? * Federal Trade Commission
15. Which of the following government agencies monitors the financial affairs of publicly traded companies? * The Securities and Exchange Commission
16. The legal doctrine of the “right of publicity” provides * Entertainers, Athletes and other Celebs the sole ability to cash in on their fame. 17. The legal doctrine of “fair use” means
That part of a copyrighted article maybe quoted directly, but the quoted material must be brief in relation to the length of the original work.
18. Which of the following are considered unethical when dealing with the media? * Giving gifts to encourage a story
19. According to Cabot’s Foundation Principles, “Organizations exist... * Only by Public Consent
20. All of the following are general characteristics of youth market EXCEPT: (GEN-Y) Spend 1/3 of the lives online, spend as much times with friends as they do online with them, more reserved on social skills, savvy and skeptical with online situations, parents still rule, they will not tolerate print forms, slow apps, and archaic systems. 21. All of the following are general characteristics of baby boomers EXCEPT: * Define themselves according to their profession
* They are well educated and take pride in accomplishment * They question authority and...