1. What should be the format and final form of the store manager’s job description?
There is no standard format as to what should be included in the job description of store manager but most job descriptions cover the following sections
• Job identification
• Job summary
• Responsibilities and Duties
• Authority of incumbent
• Standards of performance
• Working conditions
• Job specification
2. Is it practical to specify standards and procedures in the body of the job description, or should these be kept separate?
Not all the standards and procedures are important to mention in the body of job description except the ones that are relevant and important for the applicants to know i.e. Performance and Competency standards.
Note: It depends upon the type of job under discussion as to what sort of standards to include.
3. How should Jennifer go about collecting the information required for the standards, procedures and job description?
First of all Jennifer should conduct a complete job analysis for the job of store manager and she should also check out existing policies and procedures of the company in place, then she should use one or more of the following methods for collecting information about Standards, Procedures and Job description for the job of Store Manager.
• The Interview
• Participant Diary/ Logs
In addition to these basic methods Jennifer Carter can also use these Quantitative techniques as well for measuring job description of store manager
• Position analysis questionnaire
• Department of labor procedures
• Functional job analysis
4. What, in your opinion should the store manager’s job description look like and contain?
The Sore manager’s job description should look like and contain the following things.
Carter Cleaning Center
|Title |2025 Store Manager |
|Department(s) |Cleaning |
|Reports to |President (Jennifer Carter) |
The store manager is responsible for directing all store activities in such a way that quality work is produced, customer relations and sales are maximized and profitability is maintained through effective control of labor supply and energy costs
Summary of essential job functions
In accomplishing the general aim the store manager’s duties and responsibilities are
• Quality control
• Store appearance and cleanliness
• Customer relations
• Bookkeeping and cash management
• Cost control and productivity
• Damage control
• Inventory control
• Spotting and cleaning
• Machine maintenance
• Employee safety
• Hazardous waste removal
• Humane resource administration
• Pest control
Knowledge, skills and abilities
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Cusomer service
• Accounts payable accounts receivables
• Store and motel management and administration
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• be honest and trustworthy
• possess cultural awarenes and senstivity
The Store Manager would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through
related in experience in a retail setting. Equivalencies will be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
|HR use only |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document