In accordance with the provisions of the New Public Service Regulations, a Head of Department shall for each post or group of posts, establish a job description and job title based on the main objectives of the post, including an appropriate emphasis on service delivery.
Job titles and job descriptions describe the functions which are necessary to be performed to ensure viability and future success.
Job evaluation on the other hand describes a mechanism which attempts to achieve internal equity and the means to evaluate jobs within the organisation in terms of their worth to that organisation.
From the job description the following should be clear :
* what is done ;
* how it is done ;
* why it is done.
Your job description is a broad indication of the work you are required to do. However, you may be required to undertake other duties, particularly when others are absent from work. No job title nor job description can be regarded as a precise specification of duties, but should be seen as a guide to main responsibilities.
PRINCIPLES OF JOB DESCRIPTION WRITING
The following principles underpin the preparation of job descriptions :
* describe the job and not the employee ;
* describe the job as it is presently envisaged and not as it is hoped or believed it could be done in the future ; * assume that the job is properly and adequately performed ; * describe what is done, how it is done, why it is done ; * disregard events or tasks that are unlikely in the job JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB INFORMATION SUMMARY
Name of the current post holder: Andries Lethibelane Job title / job category title: Secretaty Department: Office of the Premier
Core applicable to occupational category: To provide secretarial and administrative support to the director Grade attached to the post: Secretary
Salary attached to the post: 05
Name of component in which the post is located: Provincial Policy and Planning
Location: Mmabatho Post reports to: Director Organizational placement:
Job purpose :
* To provide secretarial and administrative support to the director
MAIN OBJECTIVES ( GOALS TO BE ACHIEVED )
* To arrange meetings on behalf of the Director
* To provide main management support
* To do typing for the Director
* To manage the Directors diary
* To provide information for the Directors office
* To provide documentation management for the Director
* To receive visitors on behalf of the Director
* Chief Directorate: Policy Management Staff
* Office of the Premier
* Provincial Departments
* Requesting information or documents
* Arrangement of appointments, meetings and events
* Acknowledge receipt of correspondence and give guidance on response times * Typing services
* Keeping dairy for the Director
* Preparing monthly reports and movement plan
* Suggest day plan for the Director in her absence...