Chronic Disease Risk Assessment
The Life Resource Center (LRC) is a valuable free tool available to University of Phoenix students. Taking some time to explore its website to discover some of the many topics, resources, and tools available is a great way to find information to enhance and support health and wellness.
Complete the following assignment:
Take one of the health risk assessments located on the LRC website. After completing the assessment, write a 500- to 750-word summary that includes the following:
• Description of the disease
• Risk factors for the disease
• Lifestyle choices you can make in your life to decrease your modifiable risk factors for this disease
To locate the health risk assessments follow these instructions:
• Login to the student website.
• Click on the Programs tab at the top of the page, and then on Life Resource Center under Services. • From the LRC home page, click on Thriving.
• Click on Health Tools.
• Click on Assess Your Health.
• Click on the Health Risks tab.
Note. Do not submit or divulge your assessment results. Results should remain private.
Breast cancer is a disease that over the years they are still unable to understand what causes it. Breast cancer can be caused by many things such as genetics, environment, and chemicals. There is ways to be able to detect breast cancer before it turns into something that they will not be able to fix. Being healthy is an important part of prevention, such as your diet. When considering your diet they advices you to eat less red meat and more fish, veggies and fruit. Limit to very little or no cakehole or smoking. As well as everything else in everyday living they say it’s important to exercise and stay active. I think that something’s that I need to work on is my weight and red meat intake. I think that it is truly important to understand that everything...