Unit three: Principles of managing information and producing documents
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
● The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
● Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
● When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
● Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My
Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and
Please note that this Assessment document has 6 pages and is made up of 4
Section 1: IT at work
This section will help you to evidence Learning Outcome 1:
Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
Place in Assessment
1.1 Identify different types of information technology that may be used for work tasks
Question 1 Page 1
1.2 Outline the benefits of using information technology for work tasks
Question 2 Page 1
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
● Microsoft Word word processing tool using a lot in my work place to prepare formal and informal reports.
● Microsoft Excel spreadsheets In my workplace we using this toll to make a logs as Lost Property log, where you can log the items or events everyday and in the end of the month it is easy to count it or to make a charts with monthly results.
© Creating Careers Ltd 20112014
Page 1 of 7
Business and Administration
What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
● Saving time for example to prepare the presentation with chart it will took you a few days if you will do