You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Simeon Campbell
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
When completing business tasks, the main types of information technology that I use are Microsoft office word, to draw up memos and reports I also use Microsoft Office Word on a daily basis to do my assessments and type my novel that I’m currently working on. Another type of information technology I also use on a daily basis is Vision2Learn learner portal. As my college is 3hours away from where i live, its easier to study at home and communicate with my tutor. The easy links allows me to upload and send my assessments to her without delay and confusion of not receiving it. It also has a email feature which is linked directly to her, so we can update each other on my progress and if I need extra help and support on a question.
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
The benefits to businesses using information technology for doing work tasks is that it makes work time more efficient. For example sending