Tennis ball and racket ball comparison
Problem: Find the speed of the tennis ball and the racket ball to determine which one travels faster.
Hypothesis: I believe that the racket ball will have a faster average speed than the tennis ball for both distances because the racket ball is bouncy.
*Tennis ball *30yards of space
*Racket ball *Set of stairs
*Stop watch *measuring tape
1) Measure out 30 yards of space, have of member stand at one end of the field with a stop watch in hand.
2) Another member throw the tennis ball 30 yards while timing how long it take to get there.
3) Repeat 2 more times and collect the average speed (total distance/ total time).
4) Repeat this process using the racket ball. Record in table 1.
5) For experiment 2, measure one of the steps and multiply by how many steps you have.
6) Have a member at the bottom of the steps with a timer and the one with the tennis ball at the top. Time how long it will take the tennis ball to reach the bottom of the step with the timer.
7) Repeat #6 twice more, and find your average speed (total distance/ total time).Record your data in Table 2.
8) Repeat steps #6 and #7 replace the tennis ball with the racket ball.
9) Compare your data in your conclusion.