Name _________________________ Period _____
1. If Steve throws the football 50 meters in 3 seconds, what is the average speed (velocity) of the football?
2. If it takes Ashley 3 seconds to run from the batters box to first base at an average speed (velocity) of 6.5 meters per second, what is the distance she covers in that time?
3. Bart ran 5000 meters from the cops and an average speed (velocity) of 6 meters/second before he got caught. How long did he run?
4. If Justin races his Chevy S-10 down Highway 37 for 2560 meters in 60 seconds, what is his average speed (velocity)?
5. Mike rides his motorcycle at an average speed (velocity) of 20 meters/second for 500 seconds, how far did he ride?
6. Sarah backstrokes at an average speed of 8 meters per second, how long will it take her to complete the race of 200 meters length?
7. Lauren’s SUV was detected exceeding the posted speed limit of 60 kilometers per hour, how many kilometers per hour would she have been traveling over the limit if she had covered the a distance of 10 kilometers in 5 minutes?
8. Tina’s calculations of the tarantula found that the spider was able to cover 20 centimeters in 5 seconds, what was the average speed of the spider?
9. Thirty years ago, police would check a highway for speeders by sending a helicopter up in the air and observing the time it would take for a car to travel between two wide lines placed 1/10th of a mile apart. On one occasion, a car was observed to take 7.2 seconds to travel this distance. a. How much time did it take the car to travel the distance in hours?
b. What is the speed of the car in miles per hour?
10. The fastest trains are magnetically levitated above the rails to avoid friction (and are therefore called MagLev trains…cool, huh?). The fastest trains travel about 155 miles in a half an hour. What is their average speed in miles/hour?
11. In 1960, U.S. Air Force Captain Joseph Kittinger broke...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document