Introduction :You will be exploring three scenarios and conducting observations on the physical and chemical changes in matter: The Iced Tea Debate, Salty Soup, and Fire Bug.
Objective : To demonstrate the differences between physical and chemical changes while observing the laws of conservation of matter and energy.
Procedure : Watch each part of the experimental demonstration and make predictions about what will happen in each scenario.
1. View the three scenarios listed below. You must observe and analyze these as part of the lab.
The Iced Tea Debate
The Salty Soup
The Fire Bug
2 Use the DATA chart provided for recording observation based on three demonstrations you will watch
3 Watch each part of the experimental demonstration and make preditions about wht will happen in each scenario . Record your preditions and observations in the Data an Observations section of your labatory report format.
Problem: How can matter and energy be described in avarity of systems?
Analysis : Use your data table to identify the physical and chemical changes observed in the demonstrations as follows.
Use your data table above to identify the physical and chemical changes observed in the demonstrations as follows:
1. Complete Data Chart above filling in Scientific Methods for each demonstration.
2. Use the drop-down menu options to record any physical and/or chemical changes observed.
3. Once you completed the data chart, complete pre-made paragraphs below by writing an analysis that includes details on how the Law of Conservation of Matter and the Law of Conservation of Energy are supported by the experimental demonstrations. Use the following reflection questions to guide you in writing the analysis:
· Was matter or energy lost or destroyed in any of the scenarios?
· Did your predictions match the second portion of the demonstrations?