Date: 6/3/2013 Pd. 2
What Soil Recipe will grow the best Pea seed?
I believe that soil made up of 30% silt, 25% Water, 15% humus 5% Sand, 5% of Clay, and the assuming the other 25% is air, will grow the best pea seed. MATERIALS
100 Milliliter Dixie Cup Ground Clay _
Silt Water _
Pea Seed 100 ml measuring Beaker _
Humus Plastic Mixing Bowl _
Fine Sand Mixing Stick _
1. Measure 30 milliliters of silt, using the beaker.
2. Pour measured silt into the mixing bowl.
3. Measure 15 milliliters of humus, using the beaker.
4. Pour measured humus into mixing bowl.
5. Measure 5 milliliters of sand , using the beaker
6. Pour measured sand into mixing bowl.
7. Measure 5 milliliters of clay, using beaker.
8. Pour measured clay into measuring bowl.
9. Measure 25 milliliters of water, using the beaker.
10. Pour water into the mixing bowl.
11. Stir (using mixing stick) 60 times clockwise.
12. Pour mixture into the Dixie cup.
13. Pat the soil down firmly.
14. Dig a one inch hole.
15. Plant seed in the hole.
16. Use soil surrounding the hole it fill the hole
17. Tightly pack the hole.
18. Place soil in sunlight.
19. Water plant with 25 milliliters on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
20. After 30 days, record its color, height and whether or not it sprouted.
See attached Data table.
1. Our class defined success by three measures. To be successful, the plant had to sprout, be a healthy green color and be a respectable height. If a plant did not sprout, its height and color are