LESSON PLAN IN ENGLISH
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT NEWBORN SCREENING
To enhance the awareness and knowledge about Newborn screening To be familiar with the possible genetic metabolic disorders present at birth
At the end of every learning session, the students would be able to:
Know the importance of Newborn screening
Recite the goal of Newborn Screening
Know the law that mandates Newborn screening here in the Philippines Identify common disorders detected through Newborn screening Ask questions and state predictions that can be addressed through a scientific investigation.
Paper and Pen
Flyers / leaflets
Awareness about possible genetic metabolic disorders will lead to early detection and prompt treatment.
Mosby Essential Concept for the Philippine Nurse Licensure Exam
By: Ray A. Gapuz
1. Class routines.
a. Opening Prayer
b. Attendance/ Roll Call
c. Review/ Touch-up Lesson
2. Set the mood for lecture and lesson discussion
3. Do motivational activity:
Giving short story
1. Present lectures and facilitate the discussions with note taking. This introductory
lesson is a power point presentation that will require 30 minutes of the class
2. Students are advised to write down important information about the lecture.
3. This lesson is broken up by one demonstration and several posed...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document