Introduction to Marketing
Unit 8: Business and Society Portfolio (20 Points)
In Unit 8, you learned about business and society. Now, you'll apply what you learned.
1. Describe at least one global trend that you think offers a business opportunity in the global marketplace. (1-5 sentences. 2 points)
Answer: Cell phones, computers, and xboxs are just naming a few global trends that offers the business opportunity in the global marketplace.
2. Describe at least three risks a company might face if it participates in global trade. (1-3 sentences. 3 points)
Answer: Exchange rates can either increase or decrease the price of a product that is being sold within another country. Credit becomes risky when you offer it to customers within another country. There is also a risk of more difficult to pursue another party that has a breached contract with you.
3. Describe the purpose of the SEC. (1-4 sentences. 2 points)
Answer: the SEC protects investors, maintains fair, orderly, and efficient markets, along with facilitates capitals’ formations.
4. Go to the EPA Web site and learn about one of the environmental laws that may affect businesses. Explain the law and how it might affect a business. (1-4 sentences. 3 points)
Answer: The Clean Water Act (CWA) establishes the structure for regulating the discharge of pollutants into the water within the United States. It also regulates the quality standards for our United States surface waters. The Clean Water Act has made it unlawful to discharge any form of pollutant from any point source into the navigable waters, unless you obtain a permit. With this said; any business is unable to dispose of any pollutants their business may need to discharge in the waters of the United States.
5. Choose a popular franchise, and visit the company's Web site to learn about its franchising policies. List at least three things you learned, such as costs franchisees must pay, or other rules or...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document