Best Place to Live In Canada essay

Topics: Saint Lawrence River, Economics, English-language films Pages: 3 (798 words) Published: November 12, 2014


Exam Essay - CGC 1D0
Boucherville, Quebec

Maud van Gellecum
June 19, 2014

Boucherville, Quebec
I have chosen Boucherville to be the best place to live in Canada. This beautiful city, with a population of 41,928 people, is located in the Montérégie region in Quebec, in Canada. It is a suburb of Montréal and is located on the South shore of the St. Lawrence River. Boucherville was originally founded in 1667 by Pierre Boucher, for whom the city was later named. Over several centuries, the community grew into a city that is now filled with people and their lifestyles, economic activities, amenities, parks, nice weather and climate, landscapes, and many more reasons why this city is the best place to live.

The city that I have chosen has many economic factors that contribute to making it the best place to live. The unemployment rate is 2.8% which is unbelievably low in this city. This leaves the remaining 97.2% of people either employed (66.2%) or simply not in the labour force (31%). This means the economy benefits from the increased activity and governments receive more tax dollars, which can then be spent on schools or hospitals. Low unemployment also tends to have a positive effect on social divisions in the society. This number also tells us how the community of Boucherville is organized, taken care of and that the citizens recycle their money on local products and services. Although Boucherville does not have post-secondary education such as a university or collage, it is only a 45 minute drive away from the University of Montréal and the other universities and colleges in the area. This is another reason why Boucherville is the best place to live because if my kids or I decide to continue studying in Montreal, Boucherville is so close that coming home every day is not a hassle.

There are also many social characteristics that help make this city the best place to live. There are 0.6 medical offices for every 1000...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay on Is Canada Best Place to Live?
  • Is Canada the Best Place to Live in? Essay
  • Best Place to Live Essay Contest
  • Best Years Of Our Lives Essay
  • Best place to Live Essay
  • Best Places to Live Essay
  • Why Canada is a great place to live in Essay
  • The Republic: the best life to live Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free