textbook The American Pageant, 13th edition, from the school library. This assignment is due the first day of the fall semester. Please be sure to save it on your computer or on a flash drive.
Chapter 1 – New World Beginnings, 33,000 B.C. - 1769
• Describe the geological and geographical conditions...
CHAPTER 1: THREE OLD WORLDS CREATE A NEW, 1492-1600
GUIDED READING QUESTIONS
Know: Old World, New World
Are the terms old world and new world biased?
Old World :
Europeans fleeing poverty & religious persecution.
1. What conditions existed...
characteristics of the Anasazi tribes, the Algonquin tribes and the Iroquios tribes.
The Anasazi tribes, the Algonquin tribes and the Iroquois tribes differed with their language of communication. The Anasazi tribes spoke in their own native language. The Algonquin tribes (including the Delaware, the Narragansetts...
American History Homework
Advanced Placement U.S. History
Instructions for turning in assignments from this website:
A) Specific Factual Information (SFI): Write 2-4 sentences providing the
Sources that pertain to Second hand (outside looking in)
(ie. biography, magazines, movies, textbooks, and novels)
Gender is different from sex: biological! Gender refers to roles which are cultural, and vary across cultures. Gender has specific understanding and practices.
- Test #1 (Units 1-3, Chapters 1-9)
1. Explain the official ending of the American Revolution in 1783?
2. In 1754, identify Benjamin Franklin and his use of a political cartoon at the Albany Congress on “the present disunited state of the British Colonies”.
3. On the issue of women’s rights, the...
1. Explain the ways the people of the New and Old Worlds affected each other when their societies came in contact in the late 15th century.
(Page 18) When they first came in contact with the natives, the Europeans learned of the rich deposits of gold and silver.
(Page 18) Diseases...
SETTLING THE NORTHERN COLONIES: 1619—1700
The Protestant Reformation Produces Puritanism
Know: John Calvin, Conversion Experience, Visible Saints, Church of England, Puritans, and Separatists.
26. How did John Calvin's teachings result in some Englishmen wanting to leave England?
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
Creating a Nation and a Society
New York Boston San Francisco
London Toronto Sydney Tokyo Singapore Madrid
Mexico City Munich Paris Cape Town Hong Kong Montreal
This work is protected...
Settling the Northern Colonies
American Pageant Notes:
How did John Calvin's teachings result in some Englishmen wanting to leave England? Some Puritans were motivated by Calvin to break off fromEngland and the rest of their religious group to start brand new lives.
Explain the factors that contributed...
more than a century before the British colonies became the United States of America in 1776. Some of the original settlers were men and women of deep religious convictions. The religious intensity of the original settlers diminished to some extent over time but new waves of 18th-century immigrants brought...
on. All rights reserved
Describe European settlement in North America during the 17th century
This standard is designed to measure your knowledge of the colonization of North America. You will be
about American colonies established by the British, Dutch, and French...
of what you would include in your essay. From the 2nd Quarter on, you are to write both a detailed outline and the essay with it. The date listed will be the day the assignment is due.
September 16, 2009
Compare the cultures that could be found in the New World prior to the Europeans. Why were some...
1. Describe the geological and geographical conditions that set the stage for North American history.
2. Explain the changes and conflicts that occurred when the diverse worlds of Europe, Africa, and the Americas collided after 1492.
3. Describe the Spanish conquest of Mexico...
Chapter 1: New World Beginnings, 33,000 B.C. –A.D. 1769
1. How did the geographic setting of North America – including its relation to Asia, Europe, and Africa – affect its subsequent history?
2. What were the common characteristics of all Indian cultures in the New World, and what...
ADVANCED PLACEMENT UNITED STATES HISTORY
COURSE SEMINAR QUESTIONS
UNIT TWO: REVOLUTION TO NEW NATION 1763-1789
Using your text (Chapters 6-9), Newman (Chapters 4-6), outside readings and primary documents thoroughly answer the following questions.
PART ONE: JUST THE FACTS:
1. Why did...
Divided Thoughts on Independence
The British colonies of North America took their beginnings in the early part of the sixteen hundreds. At that time Virginia and NewEngland became the first regions to be settled by the English. It was the birth of America as a whole, but it also was the beginnings...
Carib Studies Module 1 Notes This is a relatively brief compilation of Caribbean Studies notes for CAPE from no less than 5 separate sources. I was feeling quite awesome today.
LOCATING THE CARIBBEAN
Expected Learning Outcomes1. Locate and define the Caribbean using certain criteria2. Discuss the...
Premium21787 Words41 Pages
StudyMode.com is the web's
leading learning tool.
We inspire millions of students
every day with over 1,700,000
model essays and papers, AP notes
and book notes.
Join millions of other students and start your research