health and safety
1. Understand how to plan and provide environments and services that support children and young people’s health and safety.
1.3 Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services.
As a childcare provider it is my responsibility for the safety...
environments and services
2. Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
3. Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services
4. Explain how current...
policies and procedures of the work setting.
1. Outline the health and safety policies and procedures of the work setting.
It is the policy of the Nursery/Pre-School to comply fully with the requirements of European Community Law, the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and all other relevant statutory...
in a setting should know the appropriate line of responsibility and accountability for the health and safety of children. There should be clear reporting responsibilities within the setting.
1.2 Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made...
Chapter 1: Describe how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in the setting.
Done by Mark & Majeda
Chapter 2: Describe how health and safety is monitored and maintained in the setting.
Done by Mark & Majeda
Level: Credit value: Guided learning hours: Unit expiry date: Unit accreditation number:
Understand health and safety in social care settings PWCS 27 24 40 31/08/2015 R/602/3179
Unit purpose and aim
This unit is aimed at those who are interested in, or new to, working in a social care setting. It...
1. Understand the different responsibilities relating to health and safety in social care settings
1.1. Identify legistation relating to health and safety in social care setting
Current legislation and subsequent amendments may include:
· Health &...
that is employed in a setting, responsibility for the health and safety of children and staff are down to all employers and there should be clear reporting responsibilities.
When I plan I ensure that the location/setting of what I plan to do with the Children is the right environment for the activity...
Introduction and General Responsibilities 3
Introduction and Purpose 3
Scope of this Manual 3
Overall Responsibilities 4Reporting Lines 5
Hazard Management 6
Procedures at Field Support Offices & Induction Centre...
Health and safety policies and procedures of the work setting
1. Outline the health and safety policies and procedures of the work setting
Health and safety policies are there to protect children, visitors and staff, all early years settings have to follow the Statutory Framework for the Early...
HSC 027 - CONTRIBUTE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA
Outcome 1 – Understand own responsibilities and the responsibilities of others relating to health and safety in the work setting
1 Identify legislation relating to general health and safety in a health or social care...
* every morning-should be rooms checked and inspected visually- windows, doors, taps, toilet flushes- if they work properly, emergency exits must be clear and easy to open from inside, electrical sockets covered, room temperature checked, heaters covered, all chemicals out of the...
CYP Core 3.4 Unit 4 Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
1.1 Describe the factors to take into account when planning and safe indoor and outdoor environment and services.
Common sense is one of the most important qualities you need when providing play areas and activities that are...
important to ensure that health and safety is in place. Ways in which we as staff can ensure safety for all is by remembering and carrying out certain procedures, and remember some important factors whilst doing this. Some examples of which are:
When planning room layouts, it is important to remember that...
1.1 Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services
It is important to take the different needs of the families and carers into account when planning safe and healthy environments and services. The...
accessibility, extra lighting if visually impaired.
We all have a duty of care, and I would ensure that children, carers and others were made aware of the fire evacuation procedures if they were not familiar with the surroundings.
Any physical hazards would need to be removed to eliminate potential risks...
people’s health and safety 2 3 Assessment criteria The learner can:
1. Know the health and safety policies and procedures of the work setting
1.1 Outline the health and safety policies and procedures of the work setting 1.2 Identify the lines of responsibility and reporting for health and safety in...
3:4 Support children and young people's health and safety
learning outcome 1: Understand how to provide environments and services that support children and people's health and safety.
1:1Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and...
Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
Level: 2 Credit value: 3 NDAQ number: J/601/3491 Unit aim This unit provides learners with the knowledge and skills to contribute to supporting children and young people’s health and safety. Learning outcomes There are seven learning...
planning room layout.
2. Some children have specific needs such as sensory impairments; for example think about the challenges to a child with limited hearing understanding explanations about safety.
3. The different needs of families and carers must be considered.
4. Always be clear about why...