30 JULY 2012
BRIAN ESCALONA, IT MANAGER
Desktop Virtualization for Small & Mid-Sized Business
Staying current with hardware and technology is a challenge for any organization and especially for small and medium sized businesses with limited budgets. The proliferation of PCs has become a burden on IT departments as they work to maintain, update and continually replace outdated PCs. In addition, aging PCs and a mixed bag of software applications running inventory, point of sale, accounting, etc. is a growing challenge with new devices entering into the IT environment. In this day in age, every employee needs access to a computer but the costs associated with supplying everyone with a PC are far out of reach. Business continuity is a top priority for SMB’s but traditional solutions are complex, expensive and require several costly third-party hardware components.Budgets are tight and you’re forced to do more with less.
NComputing's desktop virtualization solutions make it possible for businesses to change the way they allocate their IT budgets and support their end users by delivering a cost effective yet powerful desktop alternative delivering all the security, performance, and manageability required by today's business to remain competitive globally.
NComputing devices are desktop virtualization software that divides your host PC's resources into independent virtual workspaces that give each user their own full PC experience. The X-series PCI card connects your PC to each of the XD2 access devices through a standard Category 5e or shielded Category 6 cable. Each XD2 connects to a user’s keyboard, monitor, mouse and speakers. All these components work together to efficiently harness the excess computing capacity of your PC so multiple users can share it at the same time.
Key Benefits of Shared Computing
• Works with standard office software and supports multiple versions of Windows and Ubuntu Linux.
• Deploys in days, not months. Unlike some VDI solutions that are a nightmare to implement and force companies to install more than is needed, we deliver solutions of uncompromising quality and simplicity, on time, every time.
• Manages one virtual desktop OS for up to 100 end-users, reducing the number of operating systems to maintain by up to 97%.
• Reduces the per seat cost of a PC by more than 75%.
• Provides the ideal desktop - Employees love the extra desk space, silent operation, and fast boot time. IT staff appreciate the quick set-up, simple operation, and data security.
• Green IT - Build "green" computer networks and produce less e-waste and reduce energy consumption by up to 90%.
One X550 Kit Enables Six Users to Share a PC (Eleven with Two Kits)
One X550 kit adds five users to a PC including the first user that works directly on the PC, this means that: Six users can share a single PC with one X550 kit. With two X550 kits, you can add ten users to a PC for a total of eleven users sharing one PC.
The Proposed Setup for Monian / Ray White
For Training in the Boardroom:
1. High End Computer from the Philippines
• Intel Core i7 Processor
• 16GB Geil RAMs
• 2TB Western Digital Black Hard drive
2. Two Units of NComputing X550
Total Landed Cost:
|Item Description |Total Cost |Duties, GST & Freight |Total Landed Cost | |High End Computer |K2,500.00 |Duties: K 750.00 |K 3,575.00 | |[pic][pic]...