A DETAILED LESSON PLAN IN MATHEMATICS V
A. Visualize, identify and describe 3-4 sided polygons
B. Draw 3-4 sided polygons
C. Identify different geometric figures
D. Observe patience and discipline in doing assigned works
E. Work cooperatively and collaboratively in all activities
Topic: Visualizing 3-4-Sided Polygons
Reference: BEC-PELC III.1
Materials: manila paper, cartolina, marker, cut-outs of polygons Strategy: Interactive Teaching Strategy
Values: Patience, Cooperation and Discipline
Good morning class!
Good morning ma’am!
Identify the following geometric figures
2. line segment
4. parallel lines
5. intersecting lines
6. perpendicular lines
7. right angle
8. acute angle
9. obtuse angle
What is the figure below?
A figure of a man
What particular geometric
figure is used to represent
the body parts?
What polygons can you see
in this picture?
The class will be divided into 4 groups
Each group will be given envelopes containing polygons and activity card. They will follow the instructions that were written in the activity cards.
B. Separate the 3-sided polygons from that of the 4-sided polygons. C. Number the polygons separately as 1, 2, 3, etc.
D. Measure the length of the sides of the numbered polygons. E. Record the data
F. Tell something about the polygons based from the data.
G. Discuss you observations among the group.
What do we call 3-sided
What are the kinds of
polygons according to sides?
Who can draw and describe
What are the kinds of angles
obtuse, right and
according to angles?
What do we call 4-sided
What are the different
kinds of quadrilaterals?
Who can draw and describe
each type of quadrilateral?
Three-sided polygons are called triangles
Kinds of triangle according to sides:
1. Equilateral triangle- three sides are equal or congruent
2. Isosceles triangle-two sides are congruent
3. Scalene-no two sides are congruent
Kinds of triangle according to angles:
1. Obtuse triangle-one angle is obtuse
2. Right triangle-one angle is right
3. Acute triangle-three sides are all acute
Four-sided polygons are called quadrilaterals
1. Rectangle- has two pairs of equal opposite sides and it has four right angles 2. Square- all sides are equal and it has four right angles
3. Rhombus- has four equal sides
4. Parallelogram- has both pairs of opposite sides parallel
5. Trapezoid- it has one pair of opposite sides parallel
Name each triangle and write if it is equilateral, isosceles or scalene. 1. 2.
Name each triangle and write if it is acute, right or obtuse.
Encircle the correct name to identify each quadrilateral
Match column A with column B
2. It has four equal sides
3. Three sides are congruent
4. A 3-sided polygon with two
Please join StudyMode to read the full document